Downloading off the Internet

I am having some issues downloading items off the internet. I click on the
download button and I keep getting this message:
C:/DOCUME~1/JUSTIN~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/dn1p806e.exe could not be saved because
the source file could not be read.
try again later or contact the server administrator.

Does anyone no how to fix this, I really want to be able to download
again...and am not the most computer literate person in the world. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about downloading internet

    If you use Netscape or Mozilla check this link out
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns71cantdownload.html

    If not then

    Try booting into Safe Mode and delete the file called "dn1p806e.exe " found
    at the following location.
    C:\Documents and Settings/<username>/Local Settings/Temp

    You will need to substitute <username> with the Justin account name. Because
    the Local Settings folder is hidden you need to enable Show all files and
    folders. To do that open an explorer window and go to Tools->Folder
    Options->View tab and select the option to Show hidden files and folders.

    To access Safe Mode you need to restart the computer and during the very
    first screen as the computer restarts keep tapping the F8 key. You soon see
    a menu that gives you the option to start in Safe Mode.

    A small program called MoveOnBoot can facilitate this too
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html Just download it to a floppy
    using another computer and then install it on yours. Once installed it
    integrates into the shell. Locate the offending file and right click. Select
    the option to Delete on the next boot and the file will be toast.

    If you continue to have trouble you may need to do a full parasite scan.
    There are trojans and dialers as well as viruses that cause problems with
    internet activity. Jim Eshelman has an excellent resource here
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "monkey" <monkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having some issues downloading items off the internet. I click on the
    > download button and I keep getting this message:
    > C:/DOCUME~1/JUSTIN~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/dn1p806e.exe could not be saved because
    > the source file could not be read.
    > try again later or contact the server administrator.
    >
    > Does anyone no how to fix this, I really want to be able to download
    > again...and am not the most computer literate person in the world. Thanks.

Download Internet Windows XP