noddy12

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Hi, I have bought a 26"samsung le26r, the picture is great but watching football , its obviously suffering from latency and hurting my eyes.
does anyone know if moving to high definition tv,will it be any better?
thanks

it depends on what latency the new monitor and also there is a good chance a Hdtv will be absolutely useless for watching standard definitiono stuff due to interpolation.

what do you mean suffering from latency anyway, is it blurry or what. also, many tv sources are interlaced and LCD's don't do that very well.

noddy12

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Thanks for your reply. I will be using the same lcd for the hdtv. it goes abit blurred when theres a fast move in football,apart from that , ive never had such a good picture. From what ive read i assumed this was due to latency. Im a bit backward sorry, when it comes to technology. Didnt ever imagine in this day and age and after spending £600 that there would be any issues. Im a bit upset really, never had this problem with my old crt. Im thinking about selling this lcd at a loss,unless hdtv might rectify this problem.
thanks

yes, HD would make a difference as that would allow you to run in native resolotion or close to it. if you were to get channels which are broadcast in 720P the picture would look alot better.

that blurriness as i indicated in my first post would be from interpolation caused by the picture being non-native res.

unfortunately that is something i do not think slaes people or websites tell you and that is that witrh a HDtv anything other than a source of the right resolutioon will most likely look worse than on a standard definition one. still, i believe quite alot of sprts are broadcast in HD now so if you can get them i would go for it.