If anyone can help / Toms can ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno777

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Hi again, I have decided to build my new rig instead of buying another Dell. I am still reserching parts and cost for it ( hopefully will start in the next few weeks ).

But untill then I am still useing my XPS 710. My questions are; Is there a way to upgrade the motherboard ? I have heard that you can turn a ATX MB upside down.The other question is. Has anybody ever tryed to change the BIOS on one.

Its still a good pc,and plan on givinb it to my wife after my new build is complete

XPS 710
C2D e6600 2.4
768 gforce 8800 gtx
150 raptor HD
4 gigs of 667 ram
sound blaster sound card
XP

Thanks

Solution

I think you may have meant rotate instead of upside down.
Try this - open up your case - picture an ATX motherboard - and figure out how it would work in your case.
13-128-402-Z09

BIOS update from Dell? Or a replacement BIOS from someone else besides Dell?

I think you may have meant rotate instead of upside down.
Try this - open up your case - picture an ATX motherboard - and figure out how it would work in your case.
13-128-402-Z09

BIOS update from Dell? Or a replacement BIOS from someone else besides Dell?

Solution

geno777

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Sorry for the misunderstanding. The part I talked about "upside down " was from a post I read about the XPS 730x. The 730x has the same case as the 710. Someone who had a 730x said it has a ATX MB put in upside down.The 710 has a BTX mb. Just thought that maybe someone had did some kind of mb upgrade.Dell says that I can put a XPS 720 mb in it, but thats not nuch of a upgradw.
t

Status
Not open for further replies.