Windos cannot find perl

Window XP:
I am getting a perl window that says:
Windows cannot find 'perl'. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try
again.

Behind this window is a dos window (C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe)-- probably a
script running that call perl ?

I searched all over the places, cannot find any clues.
Any hints/helps are greatly appreciated

Thank-you Yves. But i am runing windows XP.
How do i fix this problem - get it every time i login in.

"luci" wrote:

> Window XP:
> I am getting a perl window that says:
> Windows cannot find 'perl'. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try
> again.
>
> Behind this window is a dos window (C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe)-- probably a
> script running that call perl ?
>
> I searched all over the places, cannot find any clues.
> Any hints/helps are greatly appreciated

brianb

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

It sounds to me like there is something in your start up that is calling this
perl application and it is not there. So I would say it can probably be
removed. Go to Start>Run> and type MSCONFIG
Click on the startup tab and see if you can find something that may be
related to this 'perl' application. If so, uncheck it and restart and see if
that helps.

"luci" wrote:

> Window XP:
> I am getting a perl window that says:
> Windows cannot find 'perl'. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try
> again.
>
> Behind this window is a dos window (C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe)-- probably a
> script running that call perl ?
>
> I searched all over the places, cannot find any clues.
> Any hints/helps are greatly appreciated

I believe that 'perl' is a special scripting program that is mainly
"shipped" with Linux/Unix operating systems.

"luci" <luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Window XP:
> I am getting a perl window that says:
> Windows cannot find 'perl'. Make sure you type the name correctly, then
> try
> again.
>
> Behind this window is a dos window (C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe)-- probably
> script running that call perl ?
>
> I searched all over the places, cannot find any clues.
> Any hints/helps are greatly appreciated

"luci" <luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Window XP:
>I am getting a perl window that says:
>Windows cannot find 'perl'. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try
>again.
>
>Behind this window is a dos window (C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe)-- probably a
>script running that call perl ?

As brianb said, if you aren't aware that you're missing anything after
login, then you're probably best off finding the offending item in the
startup tab in msconfig and disabling it.

If you need Perl, you can get it at
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/?mp=1

--
Tim Slattery