getting data from Palm Desktop on Mac OS X to Palm Desktop..

September 13, 2004 11:14:22 PM

I have been using Palm Desktop on a Titanium notebook (Mac OS X).
Unfortunately, the beast is dying after about 3 years of hard use...
And I am trying to get stuff off it and on to my Windows XP box.

Unfortunately, using my Palm III as an intermediary won't work. I can
no longer synch it with the Mac...

But I can get the Mac to run for while before it crashes and I have
been trying to figure out what files I can save/export from the Mac
Palm Desktop that I could then read into the Windows XP version.

I have tried exporting various archives... But the Windows Palm
Desktop version claims they are corrupt or invalid. I tried saving a
"Copy of User Data" but I cannot figure out how to load that into the
Windows version.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

TIA

ddenholm
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 7:27:04 AM

On 13 Sep 2004 19:14:22 -0700, D Denholm had this to say...

> I have been using Palm Desktop on a Titanium notebook (Mac OS X).
> Unfortunately, the beast is dying after about 3 years of hard use...
> And I am trying to get stuff off it and on to my Windows XP box.
>
> Unfortunately, using my Palm III as an intermediary won't work. I can
> no longer synch it with the Mac...
>
> But I can get the Mac to run for while before it crashes and I have
> been trying to figure out what files I can save/export from the Mac
> Palm Desktop that I could then read into the Windows XP version.
>
> I have tried exporting various archives... But the Windows Palm
> Desktop version claims they are corrupt or invalid. I tried saving a
> "Copy of User Data" but I cannot figure out how to load that into the
> Windows version.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> TIA
>
> ddenholm

I don't think that will work, the files are in a completely non-
compatible format.
You might be able to export to ASCII text, if the Mac Desktop will, I
know both platforms can read/import that.
If the Palm has *most* of the data, print out what is missing and re-
enter it.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson