Restoring Admin Rights

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 8, 2005 2:40:03 PM

My son held the admin account on his Windows XP Home version PC. He changed
his admin setting on his user account from administrator to user. How can I
create a new admin account or restore admin rights to that account? When I
go to the users settings I do not see the add a user choice.

Thanks
Brakeshoe

More about : restoring admin rights

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 3:50:08 PM

By default Windows XP Home creates a hidden Administrator account when it is
installed. Boot to Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key during start-up. You
should soon get to a Menu that gives you several start options. Choose Safe
Mode. When the system boot to the Safe Mode logon screen choose the
"Administrator" . Then go to Control Panel->User accounts and change his
account type back to an administrator account.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

!