Restoring Admin Rights

My son held the admin account on his Windows XP Home version PC. He changed
his admin setting on his user account from administrator to user. How can I
create a new admin account or restore admin rights to that account? When I
go to the users settings I do not see the add a user choice.

Thanks
Brakeshoe
1 answer Last reply
More about restoring admin rights

    By default Windows XP Home creates a hidden Administrator account when it is
    installed. Boot to Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key during start-up. You
    should soon get to a Menu that gives you several start options. Choose Safe
    Mode. When the system boot to the Safe Mode logon screen choose the
    "Administrator" . Then go to Control Panel->User accounts and change his
    account type back to an administrator account.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Brakeshoe" <Brakeshoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My son held the admin account on his Windows XP Home version PC. He
    changed
    > his admin setting on his user account from administrator to user. How can
    > create a new admin account or restore admin rights to that account? When
    > go to the users settings I do not see the add a user choice.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Brakeshoe

Microsoft Windows XP