Dreamhold: Map Connection Problems

Al

I'm currently playing and simulataneously mapping Dreamhold.

However the map connections for Dark Dome locations appear to
be in the form of the Adventure Maze. Was this intentional on
Andrew's part?

This game is starting to become impossible to map although I've gotten
about 25 rooms so far.

If this is the case let me know since the Dark Dome locations
make absolutely no sen se at all in their connections.

Al

In article <BDE31A94.CE2%radical1@qadas.com>, Al <radical1@qadas.com> wrote:
>I'm currently playing and simulataneously mapping Dreamhold.

(minor spoilers)

>This game is starting to become impossible to map although I've gotten
>about 25 rooms so far.

I think the total map has about 40-50 rooms, if that helps any.

>If this is the case let me know since the Dark Dome locations
>make absolutely no sen se at all in their connections.

There are at least two parts where you're exploring a diamond-shaped
area and so the connections aren't always reversible, but hopefully
the room titles (which I believe say East, North, etc) should be
enough to clear it up. The areas look something like this:

1
/ \
2 3 4
\ /
5

If you go north from 2 the game helpfully assumes you mean to go
northeast and so puts you at 1, since there's a wall preventing you
from going directly north. But if you go south from 1 you end up at 3
since it's possible to go directly south there.

This is a little confusing but once you get the overall layout it
shouldn't be too bad.

--
Dan Shiovitz :: dbs@cs.wisc.edu :: http://www.drizzle.com/~dans
"He settled down to dictate a letter to the Consolidated Nailfile and

Al

Dan Shiovitz wrote :

> I think the total map has about 40-50 rooms, if that helps any.

there are more than that.
I did a TXD and it appears there is something like 60-70 rooms.
I'm not sure since there are "locations" in parentheses that appear to be
locations. Not sure if Andrew coded them with inames or external names
thats why they show up in parens.

> There are at least two parts where you're exploring a diamond-shaped
> area and so the connections aren't always reversible, but hopefully
> the room titles (which I believe say East, North, etc) should be
> enough to clear it up. The areas look something like this:

> If you go north from 2 the game helpfully assumes you mean to go
> northeast and so puts you at 1, since there's a wall preventing you
> from going directly north. But if you go south from 1 you end up at 3
> since it's possible to go directly south there.
>
> This is a little confusing but once you get the overall layout it
> shouldn't be too bad.

I'm starting to figure this out but the way Andrew has coded this its still
difficult. I may have to make the room "boxes" larger in order to show
what you've outlined in the diamond-type graphics.

At any rate I'm still fairly early in the gamne and have about 28 locs
mapped.

I'll send a non-finished map to you if you want it.

Al