Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Size, Style and Sound

Tags:
  • MP3 Players
  • Style
  • Audio
  • Product
Last response: in Home Audio
Share
March 21, 2007 10:38:47 AM

How big a multi-gigabyte player do you need? The TrekStor Vibez and the Philips GoGear offer gigabytes of storage in stylish black cases, but which is simpler and which sounds better?

More about : size style sound

March 21, 2007 5:35:44 PM

I've never heard of the Vibez and from the article, it looks to be a pretty decent option, if only they made a flash version. The only nitpick I have with the article is that, while I did skim through some of it, I didn't read any mention of the software used with these players. That is a very important selling point and is the main reason that I purchased an Ipod (about 4 years ago).
March 21, 2007 9:00:10 PM

I'm sick and tired of player mimicing the Ipod wheel. I hate using the wheel and prefer buttons to click to raise volume and search.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 21, 2007 9:26:28 PM

Personally I much prefer the wheel especially for searching through tracks, much faster and more precise.
March 21, 2007 11:00:19 PM

Quote:
Personally I much prefer the wheel especially for searching through tracks, much faster and more precise.


I always have to scroll back and forth to pinpoint the single track. changing the volume is a pain as when you remove your finger the sensitive wheel keeps changing.
March 21, 2007 11:23:31 PM

I guess you get used to it or something, I don't have those problems. Anyways, does anybody know what stores they sell the Vibez in? I would love to try one out and see how it feels.
March 22, 2007 12:32:52 PM

I don't know about these. Seems to me the industry is going in the wrong direction, but then I'm only interested in MP3s, instead of pics and vids. 30 gigs sure seems small to me, let alone 15 gigs.

Wouldn't take an Ipod for free either. Love my Creatvie Zen Nomad Jukebox with 60 gigs, all of which I use. :) 
March 22, 2007 4:44:15 PM

Meh, the ipod used to be the best, but it hasn't really changed much in the last 5 years. It got a little more storage (although from 30GB 5 years ago to 80GB now, not much of an improvement) and [sarcasm]oh wow, it can play movies, woohoo... [/sarcasm] Does anybody actually watch movies on a 2" screen? They still aren't bad and aren't even too overpriced, but even so, I wouldn't buy one just on principle (I don't want to be a sheep).
March 22, 2007 8:51:51 PM

One thing you have to admit about the ipods - you can get LOTS of accessories for them. Having said that, I have a 4 GB (flash) Sansa E260. One of the things that I like about it is that you do not need any special software to load mp3's into it. Plug it into a computer and it is drag-and-drop.

For how I use mine, 4 GB is enough storage.

john
March 22, 2007 9:07:33 PM

That's one thing that I can't stand about a lot of mp3 players, their horrible software. Sony has always been the worst, and while I've gotten used to using iTunes and it does have some redeeming qualities, I'd still rather drag and drop. I haven't tried any of the WMP ones, but I hear that they are annoying as well.
March 22, 2007 9:25:14 PM

This article is better written than her piece about "too small" MP3 players. It was rather slanted and opinionated against the iPod shuffle. There is only a small reference to the iPod line up in this article (the Nano, which is a flash player so it sort of doesn't make sense). I personally don't care for either article as they don't persuade me from my three iPods (shuffle, nano, and colour). I listen to my music, not nit pick about the screen and other fuctions.
March 23, 2007 12:41:53 AM

Quote:
One thing you have to admit about the ipods - you can get LOTS of accessories for them.


I assume that by that you mean "you have to buy the stuff that should have come with the player in the first place".


Quote:
I wouldn't buy one just on principle (I don't want to be a sheep).


:)  Agreed 100%
March 28, 2007 2:46:58 PM

Quote:
I guess you get used to it or something, I don't have those problems. Anyways, does anybody know what stores they sell the Vibez in? I would love to try one out and see how it feels.


I got to play with one in B&H and the store rep was actually quite helpful in discussing the Vibez compared to other players in it’s class.

Quote:
I've never heard of the Vibez and from the article, it looks to be a pretty decent option, if only they made a flash version. The only nitpick I have with the article is that, while I did skim through some of it, I didn't read any mention of the software used with these players. That is a very important selling point and is the main reason that I purchased an Ipod (about 4 years ago).


They do have a massive flash based MP3 player selection, checl out their website www.trekstor.us, I think J&R as well as B&H both carry their flash players as well as the Vibez.
March 28, 2007 5:36:24 PM

Quote:
I personally don't care for either article as they don't persuade me from my three iPods (shuffle, nano, and colour).


I can't believe that somebody actually bought all three Ipod versions. I wish I had money to burn like that.
June 20, 2007 7:45:46 PM

I would just get 3 videos XD
June 20, 2007 9:32:53 PM

I would just buy a laptop.
October 4, 2007 6:42:06 PM

Lol ur smart. That's what i did and now My mp3 broke so I am selling my laptop to buy another one.
!