Your question

Need some help restoring Windows.

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 8, 2012 7:09:17 PM

Hey guys, my laptop is has been running pretty slow lately, I'm thinking it's due to the fact that I have less than 100GBs left on my hard drive. I have a ton of stuff on my hard drive that I do not want but still quite a bit that I do. I have the restore disks and all the doo-dads that I got when I purchased it. I want to save my Windows, my Microsoft Office stuff, my music, things like that. Is there anyway to get rid of/delete the crap that is bloating my system non-manually. It would be extremely tedious to go back and uninstall almost 200GBs of it. Thanks.

More about : restoring windows

a c 245 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2012 7:34:55 PM

Hi :) 

The slowness has absolutely NOTHING to do with 100gb LEFT...IF IT WAS 100 MB maybe...

You have another problem....

Virus ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2012 7:46:19 PM

There is nothing that can determine what YOU want and what you don't want.
m
l
Related resources
September 8, 2012 7:46:53 PM

Well, even so, I'd rather start new without all the crap on the drive. Feels like a have a bunch of junk that I'm carrying around for no reason. Can I start a new windows, deleting everything except for stuff I want?
m
l
September 8, 2012 7:48:55 PM

Where save? How save? How do?
m
l
a c 245 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2012 7:49:17 PM

ReDPheenix said:
Well, even so, I'd rather start new without all the crap on the drive. Feels like a have a bunch of junk that I'm carrying around for no reason. Can I start a new windows, deleting everything except for stuff I want?

Hi :) 

No...you will have to format once you have saved your stuff...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l