Need some help restoring Windows.

Hey guys, my laptop is has been running pretty slow lately, I'm thinking it's due to the fact that I have less than 100GBs left on my hard drive. I have a ton of stuff on my hard drive that I do not want but still quite a bit that I do. I have the restore disks and all the doo-dads that I got when I purchased it. I want to save my Windows, my Microsoft Office stuff, my music, things like that. Is there anyway to get rid of/delete the crap that is bloating my system non-manually. It would be extremely tedious to go back and uninstall almost 200GBs of it. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about need restoring windows
  1. Hi :)

The slowness has absolutely NOTHING to do with 100gb LEFT...IF IT WAS 100 MB maybe...

You have another problem....

Virus ?

All the best Brett :)
  2. There is nothing that can determine what YOU want and what you don't want.
  3. Well, even so, I'd rather start new without all the crap on the drive. Feels like a have a bunch of junk that I'm carrying around for no reason. Can I start a new windows, deleting everything except for stuff I want?
  4. Where save? How save? How do?
  5. ReDPheenix said:
    Well, even so, I'd rather start new without all the crap on the drive. Feels like a have a bunch of junk that I'm carrying around for no reason. Can I start a new windows, deleting everything except for stuff I want?

Hi :)

No...you will have to format once you have saved your stuff...

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Hard Drives Windows 7