What's the difference between these two LCD's??

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" has HDCP. This will allow you to play HD-DVD or Bluray, even other HD formats that employ the stupid HDCP. It is simply a method of futureproofing. Personally I recommend getting the Samsung 226BW, but I dont know your budget.

Anyway, to reiterate, get the one with HDCP compatability so that when you have an HDCP supporting VGA card you will not go on a raging rampage because the max res you can play your HD DVD is 640-480.

Go for a moniter with HDCP support.

Travisty2012

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" has HDCP. This will allow you to play HD-DVD or Bluray, even other HD formats that employ the stupid HDCP. It is simply a method of futureproofing. Personally I recommend getting the Samsung 226BW, but I dont know your budget.

Anyway, to reiterate, get the one with HDCP compatability so that when you have an HDCP supporting VGA card you will not go on a raging rampage because the max res you can play your HD DVD is 640-480.

Go for a moniter with HDCP support.

Yeah, I really don't know what my budget is either. It started as sub $1000 system that is now just barely sub $1500. $50 here and $100 there...and woops, I'm a little over what my original idea was.

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
tell me about it. I'm having a hard time keeping it under 3,000! First it was just one hd, now its a raptor, now i want to get the 1tb from hitachi. Sigh, its so hard to buy a pc because there is always something major just on the cusp of coming out. I'd have bought it already but the stupid r600 delays keep me waiting, now intel is dropping its price, then barcelona comes out and so on....