Where are the passwords kept?

On some websites, XP will automatically fill in for me the blank fields
asking for passwords or addresses, etc. I would like to edit some of these.
Where are the passwords and other field autofill information kept? I am
using XP Home SP-2.

Thanks.

--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam

    Forms/Passwords are stored as encrypted data in the Registry.
    You're limited to what actions you can take on them. For a
    password change, XP will prompt that the password is different
    from what is stored and prompt to save it. For Usernames you
    can't really edit them, but only Right Click a filled in entry to
    delete it. If you want to purge all of the stored information you
    can do that from IE, Tools, Internet Options, Content (TAB)
    and then the AutoComplete button.

    In news:u%23N7uT$gFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> posted:
    | | Forms/Passwords are stored as encrypted data in the Registry.
    | | You're limited to what actions you can take on them. For a
    | | password change, XP will prompt that the password is different
    | | from what is stored and prompt to save it. For Usernames you
    | | can't really edit them, but only Right Click a filled in entry to
    | | delete it. If you want to purge all of the stored information you
    | | can do that from IE, Tools, Internet Options, Content (TAB)
    | | and then the AutoComplete button.

    Thank you.

    | | "Jeff" <jeff@phony.com> wrote in message
    | | | On some websites, XP will automatically fill in for me the blank
    | | | fields asking for passwords or addresses, etc. I would like to
    | | | edit some of these. Where are the passwords and other field
    | | | autofill information kept? I am using XP Home SP-2.
    | | |
    | | | Thanks.
    | | |
    | | | --
    | | |
    | | | Jeff Stevens
    | | | Email address deliberately false to avoid spam
    | | | jeff@stevens.com

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:40:43 -0400, "R. McCarty"
    <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >You're limited to what actions you can take on them.

    Which brings up a question I have.... I have noticed that there are
    some web sites that I visit that require a UN/PW for access but I am
    not given the option for XP to remember what I enter into those fields
    for those specific web sites while XP gives me the option to remember
    what I enter for other web sites.

    Is there some HTML code that some sites use that tells XP to not ask
    the user if they want their username/password for that specific site
    remembered thus making the user have to type it all in each and every
    time they visit those specific sites?

    BTW, I am not talking about remembering via cookies here but
    remembering as per that info being put into the cryptic area in the
    registry as you were discussing.

    Thanks
    Ed

Microsoft Windows XP