  • Internet Security
  • Norton
  • Windows XP
July 9, 2005 1:22:29 AM

Hi

Is this the correct discussion group for an Norton Internet Security
question?

1. The problem is that under Norton Internet Security tab, 'Attention' is
drawn to the option under 'Intrusion Detection' being 'Norton Antivirus. I
am unsure as to why this is the case. Under 'Nortun Antivirus tab', my
'Full System Scan' is 08/07/2005. My 'Virus Definitions' is 06/07/2005
although I did do an Update today (08/07/2005). I am unsure if this is the
reason.

2. Also I have set Nortons to notifiy me of 'Automatic LiveUpdate' to
download new definitions, but it doesn't appear to do so, as when when I
manually click Live Update, there are always definitions to download.

If someone can advise me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot
Julia

More about : nortons internet security questions

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:22:30 AM

Support for Norton would be at:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html

Tom
"Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
| Hi
|
| Is this the correct discussion group for an Norton Internet Security
| question?
|
| 1. The problem is that under Norton Internet Security tab, 'Attention' is
| drawn to the option under 'Intrusion Detection' being 'Norton Antivirus.
| am unsure as to why this is the case. Under 'Nortun Antivirus tab', my
| 'Full System Scan' is 08/07/2005. My 'Virus Definitions' is 06/07/2005
| although I did do an Update today (08/07/2005). I am unsure if this is
the
| reason.
|
| 2. Also I have set Nortons to notifiy me of 'Automatic LiveUpdate' to
| download new definitions, but it doesn't appear to do so, as when when I
| manually click Live Update, there are always definitions to download.
|
| If someone can advise me it would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks alot
| Julia

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:22:31 AM

Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
> Support for Norton would be at:
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html
>
> Tom
> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
> | Hi
> |
> | Is this the correct discussion group for an Norton Internet Security
> | question?
> |
> | 1. The problem is that under Norton Internet Security tab, 'Attention' is
> | drawn to the option under 'Intrusion Detection' being 'Norton Antivirus.
> | am unsure as to why this is the case. Under 'Nortun Antivirus tab', my
> | 'Full System Scan' is 08/07/2005. My 'Virus Definitions' is 06/07/2005
> | although I did do an Update today (08/07/2005). I am unsure if this is
> the
> | reason.
> |
> | 2. Also I have set Nortons to notifiy me of 'Automatic LiveUpdate' to
> | download new definitions, but it doesn't appear to do so, as when when I
> | manually click Live Update, there are always definitions to download.
> |
> | If someone can advise me it would be greatly appreciated.
> |
> | Thanks alot
> | Julia

How are you doing a full system scan on august 7th 2005?
July 9, 2005 1:22:32 AM

Julia probably has it marked a s Day\Month\Year which a lot of people do. Mainly Europeans where that is how you write it. Now you know a bit more about this world.

--
Peter

In news:42CEEA1D.4040806@b.com,
Mike G <a@b.com> typed:

>>> 1. The problem is that under Norton Internet Security tab,
>>> 'Attention' is drawn to the option under 'Intrusion
>>> Detection'
>>> being 'Norton Antivirus. I am unsure as to why this is the
>>> case. Under 'Nortun Antivirus tab', my 'Full System Scan' is
>>> 08/07/2005. My 'Virus Definitions' is 06/07/2005 although I
>>> did do an Update
>>> today (08/07/2005).

> How are you doing a full system scan on august 7th 2005?

In many parts of the world, dates are written with the day before
the month. Clearly 08/07/2005 refers to today--8 July, 2005

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 2:57:42 AM

I'm based in the UK so I did the scan on 8th July 2005. Any ideas as to why
'Attention' is drawn to System Status\Nortons Antivirus.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Julia

> In news:42CEEA1D.4040806@b.com,
> Mike G <a@b.com> typed:

>> How are you doing a full system scan on august 7th 2005?
>

> In many parts of the world, dates are written with the day before the
> month. Clearly 08/07/2005 refers to today--8 July, 2005

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 2:57:43 AM

Do you have NAV Definitions Version: 70708x installed? See
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.....

Run LiveUpdate manually & repeatedly until you get the "No additional
updates available" prompt.

Contact Symantec Service & Support:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Julia wrote:
> I'm based in the UK so I did the scan on 8th July 2005. Any ideas as to
> why
> 'Attention' is drawn to System Status\Nortons Antivirus.
>
> Your assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Julia

>> In news:42CEEA1D.4040806@b.com,
>> Mike G <a@b.com> typed:

>>> How are you doing a full system scan on august 7th 2005?
>>

>> In many parts of the world, dates are written with the day before the
>> month. Clearly 08/07/2005 refers to today--8 July, 2005
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:34:12 PM

Please can you let me know how I check to see if I have 'NAV Definitions
Version: 70708x' installed?

I went to the link but would be grateful if you would clarify what is
required to do.

Thank you.

> Do you have NAV Definitions Version: 70708x installed? See
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.....
>
> Run LiveUpdate manually & repeatedly until you get the "No additional
> updates available" prompt.
>
> Contact Symantec Service & Support:
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Julia wrote:
>> I'm based in the UK so I did the scan on 8th July 2005. Any ideas as to
>> why
>> 'Attention' is drawn to System Status\Nortons Antivirus.
>>
>> Your assistance would be appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>> Julia
>>
>> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
>>> In news:42CEEA1D.4040806@b.com,
>>> Mike G <a@b.com> typed:

>>> In many parts of the world, dates are written with the day before the
>>> month. Clearly 08/07/2005 refers to today--8 July, 2005
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 8:26:41 PM

You can manually download the most recent set of NAV definitions (v70711g,
11 Jul-05, as of this posting) here, using Intelligent Update:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.down...
--

!