MN-710 WEP security Key limitation

keith

Why does Microsoft limit their WEP security key to letters
a-f. I am trying to connect using a MN-710 network adapter
to a LinkSys router which has a security key that contains
other letters than a-f. How can I connect without changing
the WEP security key at the base station?? This seems
ridictulous for Microsoft to put additional restrictions
on that other vendors do not conform to. What's going on

joker

The Microsoft broadband networking software only accepts Hexadecimal
characters that is 0-9 & A-F. If you are running Windows XP I highly
recommend removing the software as it is not needed while the OS has
more options for the entry of WEP & also WPA. The broadband software
doesn't support WPA though.