What's this game?

I'm trying to remember a game from ages past. It was written in AppleSoft
BASIC, I think it was copied out of a magazine, however, it was passed
around our high-school so I'm not sure.

It involved escaping from a high-rise building floor by floor. I can't
remember many of the details, I do remember one level you have to inflate
a balloon and descend to the next level.

If anyone knows the name of the game I'd appreciate if you'd post it.

Thanks,
-Mike

--
Michael Wilkinson
mike@HIGHtowerravens.com

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:48:47 +0000 (UTC), Michael Wilkinson <mike@HIGHtowerravens.com> wrote:
    > I'm trying to remember a game from ages past. It was written in AppleSoft
    > BASIC, I think it was copied out of a magazine, however, it was passed
    > around our high-school so I'm not sure.
    >
    > It involved escaping from a high-rise building floor by floor. I can't
    > remember many of the details, I do remember one level you have to inflate
    > a balloon and descend to the next level.
    >
    > If anyone knows the name of the game I'd appreciate if you'd post it.

    Kinda reminds me of Cliff Diver, but that was in AGT.

    --
    ------------------------
    Mark Jeffrey Tilford

    You might try asking on comp.sys.apple2

    "Mark J. Tilford" <tilford@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:48:47 +0000 (UTC), Michael Wilkinson
    > <mike@HIGHtowerravens.com> wrote:
    >> I'm trying to remember a game from ages past. It was written in AppleSoft
    >> BASIC, I think it was copied out of a magazine, however, it was passed
    >> around our high-school so I'm not sure.
    >>
    >> It involved escaping from a high-rise building floor by floor. I can't
    >> remember many of the details, I do remember one level you have to inflate
    >> a balloon and descend to the next level.
    >>
    >> If anyone knows the name of the game I'd appreciate if you'd post it.
    >>

    > Kinda reminds me of Cliff Diver, but that was in AGT.
    >
    > --
    > ------------------------
    > Mark Jeffrey Tilford
    > tilford@ugcs.caltech.edu
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:48:47 +0000 (UTC), Michael Wilkinson
    <mike@HIGHtowerravens.com> wrote:

    >I'm trying to remember a game from ages past. It was written in AppleSoft
    >BASIC, I think it was copied out of a magazine, however, it was passed
    >around our high-school so I'm not sure.
    >
    >It involved escaping from a high-rise building floor by floor. I can't
    >remember many of the details, I do remember one level you have to inflate
    >a balloon and descend to the next level.
    >
    >If anyone knows the name of the game I'd appreciate if you'd post it.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-Mike

    Were there drugs involved? Sounds like Drug Alert, an educational game
    designed to teach students of dangers of drugs and how to spot which
    is which....
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    In article <rginu0hjvfufjedh04dp932ges6ronetd4@4ax.com>, Boluc Papuccuoglu wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:48:47 +0000 (UTC), Michael Wilkinson
    ><mike@HIGHtowerravens.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm trying to remember a game from ages past. It was written in AppleSoft
    >>BASIC, I think it was copied out of a magazine, however, it was passed
    >>around our high-school so I'm not sure.
    >>
    >>It involved escaping from a high-rise building floor by floor. I can't
    >>remember many of the details, I do remember one level you have to inflate
    >>a balloon and descend to the next level.
    >>
    >>If anyone knows the name of the game I'd appreciate if you'd post it.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>-Mike
    >
    > Were there drugs involved? Sounds like Drug Alert, an educational game
    > designed to teach students of dangers of drugs and how to spot which
    > is which....

    No, no drugs or educational aspects. I think it was just painstakingly
    copied out of a Byte magazine. I seem to recall several students taking
    portions of the code and typing them.

    Someone suggested posting in the apple2 group. I'll try that too. Thanks!

    -Mike

    --
    Michael Wilkinson
    Game Designer

    > Someone suggested posting in the apple2 group. I'll try that too. Thanks!

    Were you able to get the game out of the DSK image?
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    In article <358dkhF4jag94U1@individual.net>, Terry Olsen wrote:

    >> Someone suggested posting in the apple2 group. I'll try that too. Thanks!
    >>

    > Were you able to get the game out of the DSK image?

    Yes, however, it's in AppleSoft BASIC so it only runs in an emulator.
    I did it by firing up an apple 2 emulator under Linux, listing the
    program, then copy and pasting the scrollback. I can post the code if
    anyone is interested. I suppose it could be 'ported' to another BASIC
    flavor, or the game can be done in z-code, but I've only poked around
    with inform so far.

    -Mike

    --
    Michael Wilkinson
    Game Designer

    I'm working on porting it to my BBS, I should have it online in a day or
    two...

    "Michael Wilkinson" <mike@towerSPAMFREEravens.com> wrote in message
    > In article <358dkhF4jag94U1@individual.net>, Terry Olsen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Someone suggested posting in the apple2 group. I'll try that too.
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>

    >> Were you able to get the game out of the DSK image?
    >>

    > Yes, however, it's in AppleSoft BASIC so it only runs in an emulator.
    > I did it by firing up an apple 2 emulator under Linux, listing the
    > program, then copy and pasting the scrollback. I can post the code if
    > anyone is interested. I suppose it could be 'ported' to another BASIC
    > flavor, or the game can be done in z-code, but I've only poked around
    > with inform so far.
    >
    > -Mike
    >
    > --
    > Michael Wilkinson
    > Game Designer
    > Tower Ravens LLC
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    In article <358su0F4j3mllU1@individual.net>, Terry Olsen wrote:
    > I'm working on porting it to my BBS, I should have it online in a day or
    > two...

    Is it an old-school dialup BBS or internet BBS? Is it open to anyone?
    If so, how may I access it?

    Thanks,
    -Mike

    --
    Michael Wilkinson
    Game Designer

    It's my old dialup bbs running METAL on an Apple IIgs. It is accessible by
    telnetting to: boycot.no-ip.com port 9999.
    telnet://boycot.no-ip.com:9999

    It's open to anyone. You just have to sign up the first time you connect.

    I'm planning on porting as many IF games as I can to run on it...

    "Michael Wilkinson" <mike@pox.towerSPAMFREEravens.com> wrote in message
    > In article <358su0F4j3mllU1@individual.net>, Terry Olsen wrote:
    >> I'm working on porting it to my BBS, I should have it online in a day or
    >> two...
    >>

    > Is it an old-school dialup BBS or internet BBS? Is it open to anyone?
    > If so, how may I access it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Mike
    >
    > --