stcuk at safe mode log on screen

July 8, 2005 6:43:23 PM

XP professional, used msconfig to boot in safe mode.
when the screen comes up asking for my user name and password it won't
work, I get the "system could not log you on" box.
tried my normal username and password, name with no password,
"administrator" with no password, blank and blank.

If I hit F8 at startup I still can't get out of the Safe Mode
July 8, 2005 8:45:02 PM

that's because you told it to safe boot every time so that's what it's going
to do. have a look in help & support, search for bootcfg. perhaps modifying
the boot.ini from within recovery console may allow you to boot normally.

!