stcuk at safe mode log on screen

Sly

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

XP professional, used msconfig to boot in safe mode.
when the screen comes up asking for my user name and password it won't
work, I get the "system could not log you on" box.
tried my normal username and password, name with no password,
"administrator" with no password, blank and blank.

If I hit F8 at startup I still can't get out of the Safe Mode

kelly

that's because you told it to safe boot every time so that's what it's going
to do. have a look in help & support, search for bootcfg. perhaps modifying
the boot.ini from within recovery console may allow you to boot normally.

"Sly" wrote:

> XP professional, used msconfig to boot in safe mode.
> when the screen comes up asking for my user name and password it won't
> work, I get the "system could not log you on" box.
> tried my normal username and password, name with no password,
> "administrator" with no password, blank and blank.
>
> If I hit F8 at startup I still can't get out of the Safe Mode

TRENDING THREADS