Samsung 226BW - 'Blurry' text issue

xanthippus

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
'lo all,

In the last few days I've been playing with my Samsung 226BW 22" widescreen LCD. Almost straight away however I noticed that, when reading a webpage, after each few lines the text would appear slightly smudged. Still very readable, but distracting, as it is not of the same visual quality as the rest. Having now examined it carefully these smudged lines appear almost at every centimetre down the page (with anything in-between fine).

This is the first widescreen I have ever had, and didn't want to assume that it was a fault straight away. After checking drivers and playing with settings however nothing helps the problem go away. Just wanted to check with people on these forums for any suggestions before I ring up the supplier tomorrow.

Cheers!

N.b. DVI connected.

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Hey, did you solve your problem?... I got my 226bw screen few days ago and I have the same problem that you are describing. Please let me know if this issue is normal for an LCD screen type or there is something wrong with mine.

xanthippus

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Ummmm, i'm almost ashamed to admit this, but if it leads to a quick and easy solution for you then it'll be worth it. :)

In the end I didn't phone the supplier, because I suddenly realised, had I formally changed the screen resolution after installing it? I thought I had, but when I checked it was still set to 1280x1024, so changed it to 1680x1050 and instantly everything was fine.

I hope your problem is fixed as easily :oops:

TRENDING THREADS