"c:documents and settingsdefault user"

HELP !!!!!

I am experiencing problems when setting up new user accounts in Windows XP I
believe this may be due to "c:\documents and settings\default user" having
inappropriate NTFS permissions, however I do not know how to resolve
this........

can anyone give me idiot guide help/instructions please

thanks

Steven
2 answers Last reply
More about documents settingsdefault user

    I'm not sure if I understand your question clearly. Do you want to create a
    new user account? Could you log out and log back in with an administrator's
    login? I believe you need to have administrative rights to create new
    users...

    "Steven_Garschke@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > HELP !!!!!
    >
    > I am experiencing problems when setting up new user accounts in Windows XP I
    > believe this may be due to "c:\documents and settings\default user" having
    > inappropriate NTFS permissions, however I do not know how to resolve
    > this........
    >
    > can anyone give me idiot guide help/instructions please
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Steven

    I have some how lost my default profile, I have created a new defualt profile
    but cannot copy the NTUSER.Dat files

    "hotema" wrote:

    > I'm not sure if I understand your question clearly. Do you want to create a
    > new user account? Could you log out and log back in with an administrator's
    > login? I believe you need to have administrative rights to create new
    > users...
    >
    > "Steven_Garschke@hotmail.com" wrote:
    >
    > > HELP !!!!!
    > >
    > > I am experiencing problems when setting up new user accounts in Windows XP I
    > > believe this may be due to "c:\documents and settings\default user" having
    > > inappropriate NTFS permissions, however I do not know how to resolve
    > >
    > > can anyone give me idiot guide help/instructions please
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Steven

Windows XP