Sign in with
Your question

New computer won't install windows

Last response: in Windows 7
September 9, 2012 1:56:27 AM

Hello, I just got a new computer with no Windows 7 CD and i get error code: 766f6c756d652e63 3f1

I have no operating system installed so I can't do anything and I also don't have a CD so I can't start it up with the CD.
a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2012 2:21:52 AM

If you want Windows 7 go buy a copy. It's simple.
m
l
September 9, 2012 2:25:12 AM

The computer comes with it and the installation actually starts, but I don't have the CD. It's supposed to come with windows 7 installed but it didn't come with the disk.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2012 2:51:06 AM

groopo said:
The computer comes with it and the installation actually starts, but I don't have the CD. It's supposed to come with windows 7 installed but it didn't come with the disk.

Computers don't come with disks normally. And that error indicates a harddrive or hardware problem. You should return it or contact support.

If it came with no disk/recovery partition or installation or has no certificate of authenticity it by definition did not come with windows.

If it came with a recovery partition you an run that by pressing a key at startup.

If it has a certificate of authenticity you can install that version of windows as that license is tied to it. Windows 7 isos can be found here
Http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os...
But you must have a license, and if its.hardware that won't fix anything
m
l
September 9, 2012 4:54:45 AM

You think I haven't tried google? None of the solutions offered are valid because I can't actually get into the computer to run anything because I don't have either a lower version of windows installed OR a CD.

On another note, the disk check fails every time due to an issue with "recently installed software" if that gives you guys any more information.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2012 5:14:01 AM

No, i dont think you tried google. Anyway.

If it came out of the box that way you need to contact support since it is a NEW computer.

If it won't start because of something you did you need to use the recovery partition/windows recovery that is installed. read your manual or contact support. Or google how to access the recovery/repair partition at startup. As I already said there is key you can press.

If its some weird screwy computer manufacturer that doesn't use a recovery partition, which i highly doubt, links were provided to the windows 7 isos that you can use to run windows recovery or reinstall.

If you don't have access to another computer that you can use to make a bootable windows 7 USB or DVD, which you must if you googled, contact support and ask for them to send recovery disks.

I am not at all being rude but I already said all of this. Those are your options. If you can't get into windows recovery you can't try and fix it. If you refuse to burn a disk image or contact support you're out of luck.

If you need help doing one of those than ask
m
l
!