Ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpage_area

marieindc

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I am getting the BSOD on my hewitt packard laptop the message is ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpage_area windows will not load, even in safe mode

open the bios set up and set the DVD drive to boot first.
Put the win 7 disk in the drive and start the system.
select: upgrade.
This reloads the OS but does not erase your personal files and programs.

Or if you do not have the disk, a computer store will do it for you.

marieindc

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

Thank you, I've tried this and it keeps going back to the blue screen, I also tried removing the memory and reseating it but this did not work either. :-(

Liviutz

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
@rdc85 Right, mine had 1 UNC (Uncorrectable error)
I managed to boot from a Linux Distribution from Hiren and see the UNC, but I do not succeeded to repair it, because the Sony Vaio notebook with Windows 8 did not boot into anything DOS/Windows compatible (like Windows 8 Recovery USB, Hiren, HDAT) but HDD. The error was "Your PC ran into a Problem and needs to restart. We're Just collecting some eror info and Then we'll restart it for you. Page_fault_in_nonpage_area. Ntfs.sys 0%" and keeps restarting. In the end, I simply put the hdd in a new desktop pc (with UEFI), it stopped restarting and entered into the recovery options of Windows 8. I turned off the PC, put the hdd back in Sony Vaio and now I'm at 17% Resetting the PC. After that, I'll try to see if the UNC is still there and if so I'll try Advanced Options-Automatic repair (maybe it might have been better do do this before Resetting but the Operating System is in italian language, which I don't know much).