Identifying a game

Hello, Fellow Adventurers !

I can't remember the name or find a game on the IF archive:

Someone whose identifies it from my brief description of what I remember of
the game can point me to the exact name? ISTR that is a zcode, and finding
it through the 321 z-code files is more difficult than the two mulldoon :)

The IF was released around 2003 and have an initial plot around this lines:

In the middle ages, a young peasant boy escaped the destruction of his
family and his village then:

SPOILER
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Became a warrior, snatch the slayer of his family at a siege, but somewhat a
freak magic accident render both immortal and the story continues ISTR in
the 20th Century.

What IF is ? ISTR that is zcode, but I don't remember his name....

"Dott.Piergiorgio" <dott.PiergiorgioHIRYU@SORYUfastwebnet.it> skrev i
melding news:B7gzd.57315$C94.2216@tornado.fastwebnet.it...
> Hello, Fellow Adventurers !
>
> I can't remember the name or find a game on the IF archive:
>
> Someone whose identifies it from my brief description of what I remember
> of
> the game can point me to the exact name? ISTR that is a zcode, and finding
> it through the 321 z-code files is more difficult than the two mulldoon :)
>
> The IF was released around 2003 and have an initial plot around this
> lines:
>
> In the middle ages, a young peasant boy escaped the destruction of his
> family and his village then:

Fairly sure that it is "Augustine", a tads game.

Jan Thorsby wrote:

> Fairly sure that it is "Augustine", a tads game.

I don't grep it on the Master-Index; sure you have spelled well it ?

Merry christmas,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Dott.Piergiorgio wrote in news:Nrkzd.57470$C94.14609
@tornado.fastwebnet.it:

> Jan Thorsby wrote:
>
>> Fairly sure that it is "Augustine", a tads game.
>
> I don't grep it on the Master-Index; sure you have spelled well it ?

You'll find it in

if-archive/games/competition2002/tads2/augustin

(The game is called Augustine, but the filename is shortened to eight
chars. Due to DOS limitations, I assume.)

Rikard

Rikard Peterson wrote:

> You'll find it in
>
> if-archive/games/competition2002/tads2/augustin
>
> (The game is called Augustine, but the filename is shortened to eight
> chars. Due to DOS limitations, I assume.)

OK is this !!!

Thank You !!!

Besides, I get why I don't found it in the Master-Index: the idx don't have
the single game directoty, only the top directory of the varuous ifcomp
directory.....

Merry Christmas,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

"Dott.Piergiorgio" <dott.PiergiorgioHIRYU@SORYUfastwebnet.it> skrev i
melding news:Hhlzd.57500$C94.39611@tornado.fastwebnet.it...

Lots easier to find a game with Baf's guide. http://www.wurb.com/if/

Jan Thorsby wrote:

> Lots easier to find a game with Baf's guide. http://www.wurb.com/if/

Yes, I know, but firstly, I have so hazy reminescences of the game and so I
don't have a clue about what category I need to search and secondly, now
baf's guide don't have DL'ing because of the closing of the main (and
faster) mirror.

Now I'm playing.... actually replaying until i reach the point when I
stopped, and I now remember why: I was attemping to judge IFComp, and I
agree with those whose say that the large number of games reduce the nimber
of judges.

merry Christmas from italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.