what sound card ?

imgame

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004
i m looking to buy a new sound system for gaming and movies ....i came to know from few posts that audizy 2 zs is good card but i really what is the difference between the variants zs gamers ed/ zs platinum/zs platimun pro .....which one should i go for ...and how much max should i pay for it ....is there anything better than this ......or should i stick to my onboarad sound of 865G (can it play 5.1 sound .....well i really don't know how big diffrence it makes when u shift to 6.1 or 7.1 from 5.1)...
also what speaker will suit best for my needs .....if i go for 5.1 or 6.1 ....again is it like creative sound cards are best complimented by creative speakers....plz help !
my budget is around $ 200 for both sound card and speakers...though i can fetch a little more depending on upgradability and quality

i m doomed!!!

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
For $200? Well, Dont expect anything to outrageious...

There is no difference in audio quality between the ZS, and the plat pro... The base card is still the same. 5.1 is totaly fine for gaming and movies, 6.1 is good for the centre channel in the rear if you can realy tell its there.

Your best bet is to get an audigy 2 basecard for cheap and spend the rest on speakers. Logitech makes better speakers than creative for the money IMO.

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"

imgame

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004
thanx for the info ...i guess i will go with audigy2 zs ........but i m still not sure of logitech speakres ......i would prefer having a better quality speakers than logitech ....tell me if m wrong ........!!!! how is its frequency responce and sound reproduction ....? ....creative's i hear is average .....if u have any other option tell me i won't mind shelling out few more dollers for really good thing !

i m doomed!!!

cookingfrags

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2004
as far as speakers go, i hear the new Logitech X-530's with FDD2 are a steal (around $80) and sound awesome. i cant personally vouch for that, but check out this review (THG hasnt done one on these speakers yet, to my knowledge):

<A HREF="http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=661&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=0" target="_new">http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=661&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=0</A>