hard drive not responding

bryce

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001
I have two hardrives and basically one of them is online and running the system. I have the other one running as well. The device manager states that it is functioning just fine except that it does not show up. It used to show up right next to the other one when you go to my computer. What could be wrong? I tried reinstalling it but the device manager says that it is working properly- it just doesnt show up to do anything with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It used to show up, and now it doesn't?

Normally a drive showing up in device manager but not in Windows Explore would indicate it had never been partitioned, you'd right click on "My Computer", scroll down to "Manage", go to "Disk Management", then find the drive from the list (bottom right), right click, and follow your insticts from there.

But if it's been working before, I don't know why it suddenly came up unpartitioned. Perhaps you can download a program to recover the partition.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>