How can I kill Aurora

July 8, 2005 11:54:01 PM

I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
please let me know. Thanks.
--
Hello there.

More about : kill aurora

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 3:16:22 AM

Since you don't say which 3 or 4 programs they are, its difficult to not duplicate what you already have.

http://www.securemywindows.com/ will supposedly remove Aurora. Sign up is required, but its free. Others users report that the Microsoft Antispyware beta product will remove it, as well. Others report that it doesn't.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Nightfall" <razielsrevenge@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D 9166EFF-DFB6-4888-83CF-4798F8816D51@microsoft.com...
> I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
> of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> please let me know. Thanks.
> --
> Hello there.
July 9, 2005 3:16:23 AM

I have Microsoft Antispyware Beta and it doesn't even recognize Aurora. And
yes, I update frequently. Thank you for the link you provided. I'm going to
try that one out. Thanks a bunch.
--
Hello there.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Since you don't say which 3 or 4 programs they are, its difficult to not duplicate what you already have.
>
> http://www.securemywindows.com/ will supposedly remove Aurora. Sign up is required, but its free. Others users report that the Microsoft Antispyware beta product will remove it, as well. Others report that it doesn't.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Nightfall" <razielsrevenge@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D 9166EFF-DFB6-4888-83CF-4798F8816D51@microsoft.com...
> > I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
> > of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> > please let me know. Thanks.
> > --
> > Hello there.

July 9, 2005 4:26:01 AM

Actually you're not going to be able to get rid of Aurora with any of the
advice given here. You're going to need a bundle of software to get rid of
it. First and foremost download Hijack This from www.spywareinfo.com. Then
go ahead and download Ewido's anti-virus trial version program from
www.ewido.net. Then you're going to want to download "Nail Fix" from
www.spywaretalk.org/tools/nailfix.zip. From there you're going to want to
boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode go ahead and run the nailfix.exe.
Let this run and do its thing. Once you're done with nailfix go ahead and
run the Ewido program. Do the update first then scan. It will eventually
ask you what you want to do with the items that are infected. Go ahead and
click remove all. Let this scan and save the log. Afterwards, boot into
normal mode. You're going to need to use Hijack This to remove some of the
start up entries in your registry. Let me know when you have done this
either by posting here or by posting at www.spywaretalk.org/forum.

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
Since you don't say which 3 or 4 programs they are, its difficult to not
duplicate what you already have.

http://www.securemywindows.com/ will supposedly remove Aurora. Sign up is
required, but its free. Others users report that the Microsoft Antispyware
beta product will remove it, as well. Others report that it doesn't.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Nightfall" <razielsrevenge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9166EFF-DFB6-4888-83CF-4798F8816D51@microsoft.com...
> I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and
> none
> of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> please let me know. Thanks.
> --
> Hello there.
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 8:19:16 AM

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

"Nightfall" <razielsrevenge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9166EFF-DFB6-4888-83CF-4798F8816D51@microsoft.com...
> I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and
> none
> of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> please let me know. Thanks.
> --
> Hello there.
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 4:29:15 PM

Scan your system with latest virus definitioned antivirus,as well as
with latest versions of spyboot,search and
destroy,CWShredder,Adaware.Run all of them in safe mode.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Nightfall wrote:
> I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
> of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> please let me know. Thanks.
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 4:29:16 PM

The mother program is Nail.exe. I think it is in the Windows System 32 files.
Do a search for Nail.exe.
I had to wipe hard drive to remove but I really didn't try too hard, was
going to fomat anyway

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Scan your system with latest virus definitioned antivirus,as well as
> with latest versions of spyboot,search and
> destroy,CWShredder,Adaware.Run all of them in safe mode.
>
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Nightfall wrote:
> > I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
> > of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> > please let me know. Thanks.

July 9, 2005 5:01:01 PM

Thank you for all your replies. I guess I should have mentioned what
programs I've already used. I've used Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search and
Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1, Spyblaster, and GarbageClean. None of
them will even touch Aurora. None of my previous pcs have ever been infected
with this stubborn and tenacious woman who is hell bent on selling me things.
I'll try the multi-download fix in safe mode, but I'm not real good at these
things and I don't want to screw anything up.
--
Hello there.

"phal" wrote:

> The mother program is Nail.exe. I think it is in the Windows System 32 files.
> Do a search for Nail.exe.
> I had to wipe hard drive to remove but I really didn't try too hard, was
> going to fomat anyway
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>
> > Scan your system with latest virus definitioned antivirus,as well as
> > with latest versions of spyboot,search and
> > destroy,CWShredder,Adaware.Run all of them in safe mode.
> >
> > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
> >
> > regards,
> > ssg MS-MVP
> >
> > Nightfall wrote:
> > > I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
> > > of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> > > please let me know. Thanks.

July 9, 2005 5:07:01 PM

Thank you for all your replies. I should have mentioned which programs I've
already used. I use Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, SpyBlaster,
GarbageClean, and Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1. None of them will touch
Aurora. None of my previous computers have ever been infected with this
stubborn and tenacious woman who is hell bent on selling me things. I'll try
the multi-download fix in safe mode, but I'm not real keen on these things

"phal" wrote:

> The mother program is Nail.exe. I think it is in the Windows System 32 files.
> Do a search for Nail.exe.
> I had to wipe hard drive to remove but I really didn't try too hard, was
> going to fomat anyway
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>
> > Scan your system with latest virus definitioned antivirus,as well as
> > with latest versions of spyboot,search and
> > destroy,CWShredder,Adaware.Run all of them in safe mode.
> >
> > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
> >
> > regards,
> > ssg MS-MVP
> >
> > Nightfall wrote:
> > > I've got three or four spyware killing programs on this hunk of junk and none
> > > of them will recognize and kill Aurora. If anyone knows how I can do it,
> > > please let me know. Thanks.

July 11, 2005 12:49:17 AM

Nightfall wrote on Sat, 9 Jul 2005:

>Thank you for all your replies. I guess I should have mentioned what
>programs I've already used. I've used Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search and
>Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1, Spyblaster, and GarbageClean. None of
>them will even touch Aurora. None of my previous pcs have ever been infected
>with this stubborn and tenacious woman who is hell bent on selling me things.
> I'll try the multi-download fix in safe mode, but I'm not real good at these
>things and I don't want to screw anything up.

Hi Nightfall

I've heard good reports of the Aurora Uninstall tool here:
http://www.mypctuneup.com/

One thing though: I would *not* turn off my firewall as they suggest,
just make sure you let the program through to connect to the net.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl
Anonymous

Disclaimer: I have not tried this, but it comes recommended and was found
using a google search. Use it at your own risk.
Mypctuneup.com performs technical support for a number of companies and we
are sorry to hear that advertising software is causing you problems. We will
gladly assist you in removing our partners' advertising software from your
computer as expeditiously as possible.
From our website you can scan your PC and determine whether or not the
software is installed on your machine, and if so, you can then choose to
uninstall. To run the uninstall tool click on the link below:
http://www.mypctuneup.com/evaluate.php
Or go to www.mypctuneup.com and click on free uninstall tool and follow the
steps.

We hope you find this helpful. Thanks again for your continued patience.

before we found that on the net, we had to use this method to get rid of
auror: nail.exe, svcproc.exe and the random 04 entry.

Go to: Start > Run
Type: services.msc
Hit Enter

In the Services window, scroll down for:

System Startup Service

Right click it and select "Properties"
Click the "Stop" button, and wait for Windows to kill the process
Then change the "Startup Type" drop-down menu from "Automatic" to "Disabled"

Copy these instructions to notepad and then restart to safe mode.

How to start your computer in safe mode
(http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/doci...)

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except
HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [quutgxl] c:\windows\system32\zbxhmsv.exe

O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner -
C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe

Go to Start > Run and type in cmd

Click OK

This will open a command shell. In the command window Copy and Paste the
following commands one at a time exactly as the appear below and hit the
Enter key after each one:

del C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe

Hit Enter

del c:\windows\system32\zbxhmsv.exe

Hit Enter

cd C:\windows

Hit Enter

nail.exe /FullRemove

Hit Enter

exit

Hit enter

"Nightowl" <owl@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> Nightfall wrote on Sat, 9 Jul 2005:
>
>>Thank you for all your replies. I guess I should have mentioned what
>>programs I've already used. I've used Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search and
>>Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1, Spyblaster, and GarbageClean. None
>>of
>>them will even touch Aurora. None of my previous pcs have ever been
>>infected
>>with this stubborn and tenacious woman who is hell bent on selling me
>>things.
>> I'll try the multi-download fix in safe mode, but I'm not real good at
>> these
>>things and I don't want to screw anything up.
>

> Hi Nightfall
>
> I've heard good reports of the Aurora Uninstall tool here:
> http://www.mypctuneup.com/
>
> One thing though: I would *not* turn off my firewall as they suggest, just
> make sure you let the program through to connect to the net.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Nightowl
July 11, 2005 12:49:19 AM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:34:16 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org>
wrote:

>Disclaimer: I have not tried this, but it comes recommended and was found
>using a google search. Use it at your own risk.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Mypctuneup.com performs technical support for a number of companies and we
>are sorry to hear that advertising software is causing you problems. We will
>gladly assist you in removing our partners' advertising software from your
>computer as expeditiously as possible.
>From our website you can scan your PC and determine whether or not the
>software is installed on your machine, and if so, you can then choose to
>uninstall. To run the uninstall tool click on the link below:
>http://www.mypctuneup.com/evaluate.php
>Or go to www.mypctuneup.com and click on free uninstall tool and follow the
>steps.
>
>We hope you find this helpful. Thanks again for your continued patience.
>
>before we found that on the net, we had to use this method to get rid of
>auror: nail.exe, svcproc.exe and the random 04 entry.
>

>Go to: Start > Run
>Type: services.msc
>Hit Enter
>
>In the Services window, scroll down for:
>
>System Startup Service
>
>Right click it and select "Properties"
>Click the "Stop" button, and wait for Windows to kill the process
>Then change the "Startup Type" drop-down menu from "Automatic" to "Disabled"
>

>Copy these instructions to notepad and then restart to safe mode.
>
>How to start your computer in safe mode
>(http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/doci...)
>

>Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except
>HijackThis and click "Fix checked"
>
>F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
>
>O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [quutgxl] c:\windows\system32\zbxhmsv.exe
>
>O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner -
>C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
>
>Go to Start > Run and type in cmd
>
>Click OK
>
>This will open a command shell. In the command window Copy and Paste the
>following commands one at a time exactly as the appear below and hit the
>Enter key after each one:
>
>del C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
>
>Hit Enter
>
>del c:\windows\system32\zbxhmsv.exe
>
>Hit Enter
>
>cd C:\windows
>
>Hit Enter
>
>nail.exe /FullRemove
>
>Hit Enter
>
>exit
>
>Hit enter

The last time that I had to clean up a colleague's computer I used
this tool and had pretty decent results from it.

Sam
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us"
July 23, 2005 3:51:28 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:

> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste
> it back here to the group so that I can analyze it.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip

Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of
work, which he certainly is not.

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

In article <BF0993B2-39D7-43BD-B131-985D5FA8A4B0@microsoft.com>,
razielsrevenge@hotmail.com says...
> I am so sick of this BS. It doesn't matter how many spyware programs I get
> rid of, they reinstall themselves within a couple of days. Microsoft
> Antispyware Beta is a useless piece of garbage. It keeps finding the same
> five or six spyware programs over and over, uninstalling them, and then finds
> them again on my next scan. I disable Aurora with GarbageClean and within a
> few days it's back. Every single damn time I go into Internet Explorer, I
> get a warning that an IE Plugin is trying to install. I've blocked and
> uninstalled it a hundred times, and my antispyware programs keep letting it
> through. The messages and warnings from my antispyware programs and the
> problems they cause with my browser are as much a pain in the butt as the
> spyware itself. Is there no end to this madness? Is there a way to get rid
> of viruses and spyware once and for all and KEEP IT OUT OF MY COMPUTER? Can
> someone recommend a spyware killer that actually WORKS? Adaware Personal,
> Micosoft Beta, Spybot, SpyBlaster, they're all completely worthless.

First, if you want a clean machine, as you've already tried to clean it,
wipe it and reinstall.

Second, if you are using DSL or Broad Band (cable) get a cheap NAT
Router device.

Third, don't do the install until you've done #2.

Fourth, get a quality Antivirus package on the machine.

Now, after you install on a full wipe of the drive, and you've applied
all the service packs and updates to them, and your AV software is
running properly and in real-time, install FireFox browser.

Next, set the IE browser to HIGH SECURITY mode.

Last, using the Program Access Defaults tool, set Windows to use FireFox
as the primary browser.

I've managed to NEVER has any malware installed on any of our computers,
but we don't visit malicious/questionable sites, we have a real firewall
in place at the border, and we use FireFox as the primary browser. Oh,
we also have IE 6 setup for high security mode, which most people don't
do (it's more than just installing SP2 for XP).

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts and
don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I am an expert
an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate, since the program
was developed. Please post your hijackthis log here if you want it fixed.
The so called MVP's have no idea who I am or what I do and that intimidates
them. Do a Google search if you need proof. Those so called specialty forums
with "experts" that do this kind of
work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see my work
click here
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
and then again for MVP's
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
Not one answer just referrals.

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
>> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
>> paste it back here to the group so that I can analyze it.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
>>

> Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
> here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of work,
> which he certainly is not.
>
> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>

> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:13:08 PM

Please have them *****EMAIL***** to you that which you request!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
news:D SnEe.2140$Fk4.2126@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts and
> don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I am an
> expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate, since the
> program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log here if you want
> it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am or what I do and that
> intimidates them. Do a Google search if you need proof. Those so called
> specialty forums with "experts" that do this kind of
> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see my
> work click here
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
> and then again for MVP's
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
> Not one answer just referrals.

> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>
>>> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
>>> paste it back here to the group so that I can analyze it.
>>>
>>> HijackThis
>>> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
>>>

>> Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
>> here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of work,
>> which he certainly is not.
>>
>> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>>
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
>> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
>> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>>

>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:53:24 PM

pcbutts1 wrote:

<snipped at both ends>

> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
> Not one answer just referrals.

Yep. That's because these aren't HJT forums, and HJT logs don't belong
here.

You are just too dense to realize that.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Send all your hijack logs here to

pcbutts1@yahoo.com

************information**************

Registrant:
Digital Security Video
3424 topgun st
Rosamond, CA 93560
US

Domain name: PCBUTTS1.COM

Administrative Contact:
Butts, Chris Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
3424 topgun st
Rosamond, CA 93560
US
626-398-4049
Technical Contact:
Support, Tech Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
303 Peachtree Center Ave., Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30303
US
800-627-6839 Fax: 404-586-0001

Registration Service Provider:
Interland.com, Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
1-877-467-8464
404-260-2477 (fax)
http://www.interland.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 18-Apr-2005.
Record expires on 18-Apr-2007.
Record created on 18-Apr-2005.

Domain servers in listed order:
A.NS.INTERLAND.NET 64.226.28.33
B.NS.INTERLAND.NET 69.0.145.33

Domain status: ACTIVE

"kurttrail" wrote:

> pcbutts1 wrote:
>

> <snipped at both ends>
>
> > http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
> > Not one answer just referrals.
>
> Yep. That's because these aren't HJT forums, and HJT logs don't belong
> here.
>
> You are just too dense to realize that.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:20:29 PM

For the 3rd time NO!

"Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please have them *****EMAIL***** to you that which you request!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> news:D SnEe.2140$Fk4.2126@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts and
>> don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I am an
>> expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate, since the
>> program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log here if you want
>> it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am or what I do and
>> that intimidates them. Do a Google search if you need proof. Those so
>> called specialty forums with "experts" that do this kind of
>> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see my
>> work click here
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
>> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
>> and then again for MVP's
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
>> Not one answer just referrals.
>>

>> --

>> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message

>>> Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
>>> here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of
>>> work, which he certainly is not.
>>>
>>> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>>>
>>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
>>> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
>>> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Rock
>>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:20:30 PM

Anyone who has to claim that they are an "expert", as you have, is certainly
lacking something in their character! Even the websites dedicated to
analyzing the hijack logs have never made that claim. I guess you are FAR
superior to them all.

--

> For the 3rd time NO!

> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:et5Y8W3jFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Please have them *****EMAIL***** to you that which you request!
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from: George Ankner
>> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>
>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> news:D SnEe.2140$Fk4.2126@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>>> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts and
>>> don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I am an
>>> expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate, since
>>> the program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log here if you
>>> want it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am or what I do
>>> and that intimidates them. Do a Google search if you need proof. Those
>>> so called specialty forums with "experts" that do this kind of
>>> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see my
>>> work click here
>>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
>>> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.
>>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
>>> and then again for MVP's
>>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
>>> Not one answer just referrals.
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:19:36 PM

Why? It's a question asked in the newsgroup and the answer may help others.
If you don't want to see it then kill the thread- don't pass the
responsibility for something you want onto others..

"Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please have them *****EMAIL***** to you that which you request!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> news:D SnEe.2140$Fk4.2126@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts and
>> don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I am an
>> expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate, since the
>> program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log here if you want
>> it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am or what I do and
>> that intimidates them. Do a Google search if you need proof. Those so
>> called specialty forums with "experts" that do this kind of
>> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see my
>> work click here
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
>> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
>> and then again for MVP's
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
>> Not one answer just referrals.
>>

>> --

>> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message

>>> Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
>>> here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of
>>> work, which he certainly is not.
>>>
>>> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>>>
>>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
>>> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
>>> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Rock
>>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:19:37 PM

Alan Smith wrote:
> Why? It's a question asked in the newsgroup and the answer may help
> others. If you don't want to see it then kill the thread- don't pass
> the responsibility for something you want onto others..

What will help others is sending them to the proper place to post HJT
logs, and get them interpreted by real experts, not fools like
pcButthead.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:19:38 PM

Perhaps the real issue is a tool that requires so much manual
interpretation.

HJT is good for cataloging Startups, BHO and ActiveX. Maybe
someone could create an automated Analyzer for the logs. IMO,
I've seen enough of these logs to last a long time. Besides, almost
everything that HiJackThis does is available by other means. It's
real value to me is a "Quick Check" after I've setup the Ignore list
to see if anything has recently changed. Also, the HJT logs in a
plain text NG posting are difficult to read with the line wraps and
indented fields.

The Advanced Tools,System Explorers of Microsoft AntiSpyware
will show you the basic same information

> Alan Smith wrote:
>> Why? It's a question asked in the newsgroup and the answer may help
>> others. If you don't want to see it then kill the thread- don't pass
>> the responsibility for something you want onto others..
>
> What will help others is sending them to the proper place to post HJT
> logs, and get them interpreted by real experts, not fools like pcButthead.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:55:55 PM

Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none of you
know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every post directing
someone to use those forums also state that there are "Experts" there. These
groups are for learning, for self help, to benefit everyone. Hijackthis is
an excellent diagnostic tool and it should be encouraged to be used. I am
not going to go looking for somebody's hjt log in some forum somewhere when
they can post it right here. So all you MVP's can stop trying to make me
look bad when it is your respect and honor that's on the line not mine. You
need to stop confusing users, and stop getting me involved in these childish
flame wars.

> Anyone who has to claim that they are an "expert", as you have, is
> certainly lacking something in their character! Even the websites
> dedicated to analyzing the hijack logs have never made that claim. I guess
> you are FAR superior to them all.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> For the 3rd time NO!
>>
>> --

>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:et5Y8W3jFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Please have them *****EMAIL***** to you that which you request!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Quote from: George Ankner
>>> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>>
>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D SnEe.2140$Fk4.2126@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:55:56 PM

When someone else calls you an expert, then you "may" be considered as one.
A self proclamation is nothing but a big ego and is baseless.

How many people have you successfully helped? How many computers have you so
screwed up that the people can not even get back here to tell you what you
have done to them?

If you are so good, start your own web site and see how many people seek YOU
out - instead of you seeking them out by solicitation! Put a sentence at the
bottom of your posts saying "hijack logs analyzed here, and give the URL to
YOUR web site.

--

> Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none of
> you know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every post
> directing someone to use those forums also state that there are "Experts"
> there. These groups are for learning, for self help, to benefit everyone.
> Hijackthis is an excellent diagnostic tool and it should be encouraged to
> be used. I am not going to go looking for somebody's hjt log in some forum
> somewhere when they can post it right here. So all you MVP's can stop
> trying to make me look bad when it is your respect and honor that's on the
> line not mine. You need to stop confusing users, and stop getting me
> involved in these childish flame wars.

> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:uPsjfl5jFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Anyone who has to claim that they are an "expert", as you have, is
>> certainly lacking something in their character! Even the websites
>> dedicated to analyzing the hijack logs have never made that claim. I
>> guess you are FAR superior to them all.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from: George Ankner
>> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>
>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>> For the 3rd time NO!
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:et5Y8W3jFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:55:56 PM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none
> of you know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every
> post directing someone to use those forums also state that there are
> "Experts" there. These groups are for learning, for self help, to
> benefit everyone. Hijackthis is an excellent diagnostic tool and it
> should be encouraged to be used. I am not going to go looking for
> somebody's hjt log in some forum somewhere when they can post it
> right here. So all you MVP's can stop trying to make me look bad when
> it is your respect and honor that's on the line not mine. You need to
> stop confusing users, and stop getting me involved in these childish
> flame wars.

If you can't take the heat, get out.

As for reputations, yours is a lost cause here.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:55:56 PM

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none of
> you know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every post
> directing someone to use those forums also state that there are "Experts"
> there. These groups are for learning, for self help, to benefit everyone.
> Hijackthis is an excellent diagnostic tool and it should be encouraged to
> be used. I am not going to go looking for somebody's hjt log in some forum
> somewhere when they can post it right here. So all you MVP's can stop
> trying to make me look bad when it is your respect and honor that's on the
> line not mine. You need to stop confusing users, and stop getting me
> involved in these childish flame wars.

HijackThis logs have made searching the Internet for a particular file name
almost impossible. It is an excellent tool but logs should preferably be
posted to a forum that is not indexed by search engines or at least to
forums dedicated to it's use so those results can be filtered out of a
search. In the course of working on a computer I often come across a file I
don't recognise. It used to be you could do a quick google for the file name
to find out what it was. Now all you get is HijackThis logs. In addition the
recommended forums have tutorials on it's use and instructions on how to fix
things when the wrong thing is deleted with HijackThis. In your posts on
here you do not warn people that things may go wrong or post instructions
how to fix it if they do. From what I have seen of your interpetations of
the logs posted so far you are not the expert you claim to be. I have seen
quite common virii ignored because they are using a legitimate Windows file
name. I have also seen you tell someone to delete an entry that was an
activex control needed for Windows Update.

Kerry

> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:uPsjfl5jFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Anyone who has to claim that they are an "expert", as you have, is
>> certainly lacking something in their character! Even the websites
>> dedicated to analyzing the hijack logs have never made that claim. I
>> guess you are FAR superior to them all.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from: George Ankner
>> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>
>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>> For the 3rd time NO!
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:et5Y8W3jFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:30:34 PM

Tell that to your fellow MVP's

> When someone else calls you an expert, then you "may" be considered as
> one. A self proclamation is nothing but a big ego and is baseless.
>
> How many people have you successfully helped? How many computers have you
> so screwed up that the people can not even get back here to tell you what
> you have done to them?
>
> If you are so good, start your own web site and see how many people seek
> YOU out - instead of you seeking them out by solicitation! Put a sentence
> at the bottom of your posts saying "hijack logs analyzed here, and give
> the URL to YOUR web site.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none of
>> you know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every post
>> directing someone to use those forums also state that there are "Experts"
>> there. These groups are for learning, for self help, to benefit everyone.
>> Hijackthis is an excellent diagnostic tool and it should be encouraged to
>> be used. I am not going to go looking for somebody's hjt log in some
>> forum somewhere when they can post it right here. So all you MVP's can
>> stop trying to make me look bad when it is your respect and honor that's
>> on the line not mine. You need to stop confusing users, and stop getting
>> me involved in these childish flame wars.
>>
>> --

>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:uPsjfl5jFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Anyone who has to claim that they are an "expert", as you have, is
>>> certainly lacking something in their character! Even the websites
>>> dedicated to analyzing the hijack logs have never made that claim. I
>>> guess you are FAR superior to them all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Quote from: George Ankner
>>> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>>
>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:30:35 PM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Tell that to your fellow MVP's

They aren't the ones soliticing off-topic posts here. That would be
you.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:37:32 AM

In article <vEuEe.20609$NU2.1254@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> So all you MVP's can stop trying to make me
> look bad when it is your respect and honor that's on the line not mine. You
> need to stop confusing users, and stop getting me involved in these childish
> flame wars.

If you would open your eyes you might see that you are the one that
looks bad to any outsider and also to the regulars in this group.

Posting of LARGE amounts of text, and that includes HJ logs, is not
proper in this group - there are places where you can do it properly,
and you can also accept emails form people with their HJ logs if you
really want to help them.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:38:34 AM

In article <eiwgS17jFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-
tems.c*a*m says...
> HijackThis logs have made searching the Internet for a particular file name
> almost impossible.

I agree, it's really a shame that they get posted and indexed by search
engines.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:00:39 AM

All DPF's can be deleted without problems. They are not needed. You have not
helped anybody because you can't. I have broke no ones system yet you guys
keep trying. Give it up.

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none of
>> you know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every post
>> directing someone to use those forums also state that there are "Experts"
>> there. These groups are for learning, for self help, to benefit everyone.
>> Hijackthis is an excellent diagnostic tool and it should be encouraged to
>> be used. I am not going to go looking for somebody's hjt log in some
>> forum somewhere when they can post it right here. So all you MVP's can
>> stop trying to make me look bad when it is your respect and honor that's
>> on the line not mine. You need to stop confusing users, and stop getting
>> me involved in these childish flame wars.
>>

> HijackThis logs have made searching the Internet for a particular file
> name almost impossible. It is an excellent tool but logs should preferably
> be posted to a forum that is not indexed by search engines or at least to
> forums dedicated to it's use so those results can be filtered out of a
> search. In the course of working on a computer I often come across a file
> I don't recognise. It used to be you could do a quick google for the file
> name to find out what it was. Now all you get is HijackThis logs. In
> addition the recommended forums have tutorials on it's use and
> instructions on how to fix things when the wrong thing is deleted with
> HijackThis. In your posts on here you do not warn people that things may
> go wrong or post instructions how to fix it if they do. From what I have
> seen of your interpetations of the logs posted so far you are not the
> expert you claim to be. I have seen quite common virii ignored because
> they are using a legitimate Windows file name. I have also seen you tell
> someone to delete an entry that was an activex control needed for Windows
> Update.
>
> Kerry
>

>> --

>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:uPsjfl5jFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Anyone who has to claim that they are an "expert", as you have, is
>>> certainly lacking something in their character! Even the websites
>>> dedicated to analyzing the hijack logs have never made that claim. I
>>> guess you are FAR superior to them all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Quote from: George Ankner
>>> "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>>
>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:00:40 AM

> All DPF's can be deleted without problems. They are not needed. You have
> not helped anybody because you can't. I have broke no ones system yet you
> guys keep trying. Give it up.

You asked a reasonable question. I gave you a reasonable answer. I haven't
helped anybody with HJT logs because this is not the place for it. I do use
it daily in my business as a quick check for common malware. As others have
mentioned there are other better tools if you truly understand how malware
works. If you search on my name you'll find as good a percentage of "thank
you for the help" as most. Very few posters actually check back for an
answer let alone say thank you. Certainly there are others who have the time
to answer more posts than me. If anything I'm guilty of only answering
problems I find interesting. It's hard to measure how many people are
actually helped via newsgroups, particularly the msnews groups that are
accessible through the CDO interface. No one is asking you to quit helping
people. We are asking you to give appropriate help in the appropriate forum.
Even given our differences about who is an expert and who isn't you have to
concede that HJT logs have ruined the Internet for searching for malware
filenames. I've never seen you answer this point.

Kerry

>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>> Then why is it that you so called MVP's say that I am not when none of
>>> you know me. Would you like if I said you are not an MVP? Every post
>>> directing someone to use those forums also state that there are
>>> "Experts" there. These groups are for learning, for self help, to
>>> benefit everyone. Hijackthis is an excellent diagnostic tool and it
>>> should be encouraged to be used. I am not going to go looking for
>>> somebody's hjt log in some forum somewhere when they can post it right
>>> here. So all you MVP's can stop trying to make me look bad when it is
>>> your respect and honor that's on the line not mine. You need to stop
>>> confusing users, and stop getting me involved in these childish flame
>>> wars.
>>>

>> HijackThis logs have made searching the Internet for a particular file
>> name almost impossible. It is an excellent tool but logs should
>> preferably be posted to a forum that is not indexed by search engines or
>> at least to forums dedicated to it's use so those results can be filtered
>> out of a search. In the course of working on a computer I often come
>> across a file I don't recognise. It used to be you could do a quick
>> google for the file name to find out what it was. Now all you get is
>> HijackThis logs. In addition the recommended forums have tutorials on
>> it's use and instructions on how to fix things when the wrong thing is
>> deleted with HijackThis. In your posts on here you do not warn people
>> that things may go wrong or post instructions how to fix it if they do.
>> From what I have seen of your interpetations of the logs posted so far
>> you are not the expert you claim to be. I have seen quite common virii
>> ignored because they are using a legitimate Windows file name. I have
>> also seen you tell someone to delete an entry that was an activex control
>> needed for Windows Update.
>>
>> Kerry
>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:uPsjfl5jFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:00:41 AM

Kerry Brown wrote:
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> All DPF's can be deleted without problems. They are not needed. You
>> have not helped anybody because you can't. I have broke no ones
>> system yet you guys keep trying. Give it up.
>>

> You asked a reasonable question. I gave you a reasonable answer. I
> haven't helped anybody with HJT logs because this is not the place
> for it. I do use it daily in my business as a quick check for common
> malware. As others have mentioned there are other better tools if you
> truly understand how malware works. If you search on my name you'll
> find as good a percentage of "thank you for the help" as most. Very
> few posters actually check back for an answer let alone say thank
> you. Certainly there are others who have the time to answer more
> posts than me. If anything I'm guilty of only answering problems I
> find interesting. It's hard to measure how many people are actually
> helped via newsgroups, particularly the msnews groups that are
> accessible through the CDO interface. No one is asking you to quit
> helping people. We are asking you to give appropriate help in the
> appropriate forum. Even given our differences about who is an expert
> and who isn't you have to concede that HJT logs have ruined the
> Internet for searching for malware filenames. I've never seen you
> answer this point.

He avoids reason like the plague. You can waste you time with him, but
reason is wasted on him, IMHO.

He will continue to solicit HJT logs, and all we can really do is ignore
him and ask those he solicits HJT logs from to ignore him, or ridicule
him and then ask those he solicits to ignore him.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
July 24, 2005 1:53:59 AM

Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:

> When someone else calls you an expert, then you "may" be considered as one.
> A self proclamation is nothing but a big ego and is baseless.
>
> How many people have you successfully helped? How many computers have you so
> screwed up that the people can not even get back here to tell you what you
> have done to them?
>
> If you are so good, start your own web site and see how many people seek YOU
> out - instead of you seeking them out by solicitation! Put a sentence at the
> bottom of your posts saying "hijack logs analyzed here, and give the URL to
> YOUR web site.

Yes, excellent suggestion. Notice he didn't respond to that.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Search engines have nothing to do with me or this NG so I can care less. You
and everybody else is wrong if you think those groups are not indexed by
Google. Why do you think it finds them. So it does not matter if they post
it here or there it still gets indexed. You don't pay for the bandwidth so
why bother.

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> All DPF's can be deleted without problems. They are not needed. You have
>> not helped anybody because you can't. I have broke no ones system yet you
>> guys keep trying. Give it up.
>>

> You asked a reasonable question. I gave you a reasonable answer. I haven't
> helped anybody with HJT logs because this is not the place for it. I do
> use it daily in my business as a quick check for common malware. As others
> have mentioned there are other better tools if you truly understand how
> malware works. If you search on my name you'll find as good a percentage
> of "thank you for the help" as most. Very few posters actually check back
> for an answer let alone say thank you. Certainly there are others who have
> the time to answer more posts than me. If anything I'm guilty of only
> answering problems I find interesting. It's hard to measure how many
> people are actually helped via newsgroups, particularly the msnews groups
> that are accessible through the CDO interface. No one is asking you to
> quit helping people. We are asking you to give appropriate help in the
> appropriate forum. Even given our differences about who is an expert and
> who isn't you have to concede that HJT logs have ruined the Internet for
> searching for malware filenames. I've never seen you answer this point.
>
> Kerry
>
>> --

>> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message
>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> HijackThis logs have made searching the Internet for a particular file
>>> name almost impossible. It is an excellent tool but logs should
>>> preferably be posted to a forum that is not indexed by search engines or
>>> at least to forums dedicated to it's use so those results can be
>>> filtered out of a search. In the course of working on a computer I often
>>> come across a file I don't recognise. It used to be you could do a quick
>>> google for the file name to find out what it was. Now all you get is
>>> HijackThis logs. In addition the recommended forums have tutorials on
>>> it's use and instructions on how to fix things when the wrong thing is
>>> deleted with HijackThis. In your posts on here you do not warn people
>>> that things may go wrong or post instructions how to fix it if they do.
>>> From what I have seen of your interpetations of the logs posted so far
>>> you are not the expert you claim to be. I have seen quite common virii
>>> ignored because they are using a legitimate Windows file name. I have
>>> also seen you tell someone to delete an entry that was an activex
>>> control needed for Windows Update.
>>>
>>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:48:30 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Search engines have nothing to do with me or this NG so I can care
> less. You and everybody else is wrong if you think those groups are
> not indexed by Google. Why do you think it finds them. So it does not
> matter if they post it here or there it still gets indexed. You don't
> pay for the bandwidth so why bother.

See. The fool is deaf when it comes to reason.

He is just a HJT log troll.

Look at his hissy fit in another thread:

I don't know who this imposter is, but Im the real a**hole here. Notice
the
numeral 1 after *MY* butt.

This guy is just trying to make me look bad. I am "the EXPERT", not him.

People tell me I should have hijack logs sent to MY email address at
pcbutts1@yahoo.com.

Well, if I do that, others won't be able to see how great I am. I need
the
audience that gathers here to show off my accomplished skills. This way
I can
prove to them that I am better than they are. They can't even begin to
hold a
candle to my talents.

--

> Search engines have nothing to do with me or this NG so I can care less.
> You and everybody else is wrong if you think those groups are not indexed
> by Google. Why do you think it finds them. So it does not matter if they
> post it here or there it still gets indexed. You don't pay for the
> bandwidth so why bother.

If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try
to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us
with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be
available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

I don't know why I tried to reason with a top posting troll. I expect this
will get pulled. I didn't write it myself but it is appropriate to the
conversation.

Kerry

>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>> All DPF's can be deleted without problems. They are not needed. You have
>>> not helped anybody because you can't. I have broke no ones system yet
>>> you guys keep trying. Give it up.
>>>

>> You asked a reasonable question. I gave you a reasonable answer. I
>> haven't helped anybody with HJT logs because this is not the place for
>> it. I do use it daily in my business as a quick check for common malware.
>> As others have mentioned there are other better tools if you truly
>> understand how malware works. If you search on my name you'll find as
>> good a percentage of "thank you for the help" as most. Very few posters
>> actually check back for an answer let alone say thank you. Certainly
>> there are others who have the time to answer more posts than me. If
>> anything I'm guilty of only answering problems I find interesting. It's
>> hard to measure how many people are actually helped via newsgroups,
>> particularly the msnews groups that are accessible through the CDO
>> interface. No one is asking you to quit helping people. We are asking you
>> to give appropriate help in the appropriate forum. Even given our
>> differences about who is an expert and who isn't you have to concede that
>> HJT logs have ruined the Internet for searching for malware filenames.
>> I've never seen you answer this point.
>>
>> Kerry
>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 4:50:54 AM

In article <crBEe.2268$Fk4.1522@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> You have got a lot to learn. You butted into this thread, changed nothing,
> now butt out.

And I see you're still contributing nothing to the thread - except
showing why no one here respects you. Keep it up, you're making the
troll of the month award seem like a sure bet for yourself.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 4:50:55 AM

After have had his real name, home address, email address and home phone
number posted, he does seem a bit quiet.

--

> In article <crBEe.2268$Fk4.1522@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> You have got a lot to learn. You butted into this thread, changed
>> nothing,
>> now butt out.
>
> And I see you're still contributing nothing to the thread - except
> showing why no one here respects you. Keep it up, you're making the
> troll of the month award seem like a sure bet for yourself.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:35:34 AM

Another dumb ass MVP do you really think that's me. Call the number go
ahead. Stop by the address and take a picture. Come on over for some coffee.
How did you ever become a MVP you are dumb.

"Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 2V6mv%23jFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> After have had his real name, home address, email address and home phone
> number posted, he does seem a bit quiet.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
>
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>> In article <crBEe.2268$Fk4.1522@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
>> @seedsv.com says...
>>> You have got a lot to learn. You butted into this thread, changed
>>> nothing,
>>> now butt out.
>>
>> And I see you're still contributing nothing to the thread - except
>> showing why no one here respects you. Keep it up, you're making the
>> troll of the month award seem like a sure bet for yourself.
>>
>> --
>>
>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>> remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:35:35 AM

It about time you stop posing as me. You know nothing by comparison. Go into
the closet and do what little boys do in a darkened closet - till you go
blind.

I'm the real pcbutts1, not you.

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Another dumb ass MVP do you really think that's me. Call the number go
> ahead. Stop by the address and take a picture. Come on over for some
> coffee. How did you ever become a MVP you are dumb.

So are you saying that you have given false information to your domain
registar? I wonder what their policy is about that?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
July 24, 2005 9:13:25 AM

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient...

Shane

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts
> and don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I
> am an expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate,
> since the program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log
> here if you want it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am
> or what I do and that intimidates them. Do a Google search if you
> need proof. Those so called specialty forums with "experts" that do
> this kind of
> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see
> my work click here

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
> and then again for MVP's

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
> Not one answer just referrals.
>

> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>
>>> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut
>>> and paste it back here to the group so that I can analyze it.
>>>
>>> HijackThis
>>> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
>>>

>> Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
>> here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of
>> work, which he certainly is not.
>>
>> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>>
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
>> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
>> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>>

>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:15:10 PM

Complain to google. Use Help not feedback (they give nice replies and show they read it). I have for several years. I note HJ don't show up as much anymore. I also regularly complain about 2000 useless ecommerce sites if searching for, say a cannon camera, rather than the mfg web site.

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message news:MPG.1d4c74def20eae3b989a44@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <eiwgS17jFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-
> tems.c*a*m says...
>> HijackThis logs have made searching the Internet for a particular file name
>> almost impossible.
>
> I agree, it's really a shame that they get posted and indexed by search
> engines.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:15:11 PM

In article <OZrnkx9jFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "David Candy" <.>
says...
> Complain to google. Use Help not feedback (they give nice replies and show they read it). I have for several years. I note HJ don't show up as much anymore. I also regularly complain about 2000 useless ecommerce sites if searching for, say a cannon camera, rather than the mfg web site.

I was not specifically talking about google groups - there are many
sites that google indexes that are message boards that contain HJ logs.
--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:38:13 PM

First of all I am not pcbutthead. Learn how to read headers before you start
blabbering nonsense.

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o GW5NYAkFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient...
>

> Shane
>

> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts
>> and don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I
>> am an expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate,
>> since the program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log
>> here if you want it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am
>> or what I do and that intimidates them. Do a Google search if you
>> need proof. Those so called specialty forums with "experts" that do
>> this kind of
>> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see
>> my work click here
>>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
>> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.
>>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
>> and then again for MVP's
>>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
>> Not one answer just referrals.
>>

>> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message

>>> Ignore pcbutts1 and his posts. Please don't post your hijackthis log
>>> here. There are specialty forums with experts that do this kind of
>>> work, which he certainly is not.
>>>
>>> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>>>
>>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
>>> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
>>> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Rock
>>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:38:14 PM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> First of all I am not pcbutthead. Learn how to read headers before
> you start blabbering nonsense.

You are pcButthead in my book!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
July 24, 2005 8:22:37 PM

Looks like my initial response has been filtered out. Work it out for
yourself, Brian.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=pcbutts1@&Submit...

Shane

> First of all I am not pcbutthead. Learn how to read headers before you
start
> blabbering nonsense.

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o GW5NYAkFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient...

> > Shane
> >

> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> >> Ignore Rock and his posts and most all MVP's. They are not experts
> >> and don't know to read, interpret or understand hijackthis logs. I
> >> am an expert an have been analyzing hjt logs, at a 100% success rate,
> >> since the program was developed. Please post your hijackthis log
> >> here if you want it fixed. The so called MVP's have no idea who I am
> >> or what I do and that intimidates them. Do a Google search if you
> >> need proof. Those so called specialty forums with "experts" that do
> >> this kind of
> >> work, are a big waste of time, which is why I don't go there. To see
> >> my work click here

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pcbutt...
> >> Do the same search for Rock and you will see he knows nothing.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Rock+h...
> >> and then again for MVP's

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=mvp+hi...
> >> Not one answer just referrals.
> >>

> >> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:46:47 PM

Oh so now it's Brian, what happened to Chris? Bakersfield, Rosamond, or
Altadena? Did you call that phone number yet. 626-398-4049. Like I said
before, learn how to read headers. You actually should read some of those
links you posted you may learn something.

news:o NylLOGkFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!