my automatic update is disabled and i cant turn it on

how do i turn on my automatic update. it seems to be disabled somehow and i
cant turn it on ...please help me

"suri" <suri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i turn on my automatic update. it seems to be disabled somehow
> and i
> cant turn it on ...please help me

Edit the registry

[HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]

Delete "NoAutoUpdate" in the right-hand pane.

--
William

Hi Suri,

This KB might be of some help to you:

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306525

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User