Mini Comps: Website Necessary?

Al

Mike Snyder (aka Sidney Merk) told me that it was preferable to have a
website for minicomps that one would want to organize.

Since Emily has a website I surfed on over and found the 3 minicomps that
she organized as part of her site.

However when I went to google looking for Dino Comp, Chicken Comp etc etc
I found that there were no current web pages (if ever ) for those

I'd still like to have the WebScam Comp this coming year before Comp '05
gets underway if possible.

thoughts please on this.

Some bright spark with a lot of time on their hands should make a
proper community website, where everyone can submit games, review them,
post on proper forums without fear of having their email account
spammed, start contests and post articles. Sites like rpgdx.net,
qbasicnews.com, allegro.cc, and pixelation
(http://web1.t43.greatnet.de/index.php) already offer this service for
other communitys. It isn't even that much work to set up, really.

Hey People - I'm new.

Anyway. I have to tell you people that it really isn't that much
work. I hope someone will take up the challenge.

You don't need an awful lot of time on your hands (well, that's my
experience with doing these kinds of jobs).

Quentin McKenzie.

Chaotic Harmony wrote:
> Some bright spark with a lot of time on their hands should make a
> proper community website, where everyone can submit games, review
them,
> post on proper forums without fear of having their email account
> spammed, start contests and post articles. Sites like rpgdx.net,
> qbasicnews.com, allegro.cc, and pixelation
> (http://web1.t43.greatnet.de/index.php) already offer this service
for
> other communitys. It isn't even that much work to set up, really.

> Chaotic Harmony wrote:
>> Some bright spark with a lot of time on their hands should make a
>> proper community website, where everyone can submit games, review
> them,
>> post on proper forums without fear of having their email account
>> spammed, start contests and post articles. Sites like rpgdx.net,
>> qbasicnews.com, allegro.cc, and pixelation
>> (http://web1.t43.greatnet.de/index.php) already offer this service
> for
>> other communitys. It isn't even that much work to set up, really.

With my own experience... something like a CMS (Content Manager System,
which includes Forums/downloads/memberlogin/bla/bla/bla) is the perfect
option... Something like MAMBO (http://mamboserver.com/) or PHP-Nuke
(http://www.warez.fr/nuked.html) could be the thing... While there are
others (those two i have experienced already and are very very very easy to
set up and mantain, and take very little webspace).

Mambo seems to be more strong than php-nuke.

Regards,
RootShell

TRENDING THREADS