Finally! 32" 1080p native

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Wow... No one likes? :cry:

I love this screen! Cheaper than a 30" dell uber-resolution, and a good balance of screen size and resolution!

RichPLS

Champion
Looks pretty good. Can you split screen and or float a dual input screen while using the PC on it, simultaneously using the LCD's built in tuner?
How sharp is PC image compared with the Dell's output quality?

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
There is no PIP. AFAIK you cant to that...

As for comparing to a Dell, Ive never seen one, but I can tell you that I run this screen at minimal on the sharpness adjustment.

I sit about 2.0-2.5ft away, and I cant see the pixels.

The panel is extremely bright, and the contrast is fantastic. Colors are very natural and vibrant.

Honestly, I didn't know what I was getting into, and the display is costly, but once I got it set up and running, I know its worth it!

Keep in mind that this is someone coming from a 22" Trinitron and was very very hesitant to take the LCD plunge!

This display also has viperdrive, and I use that as my PC input, and I don't see any lag or ghosting when play CSS or other FPS games! The actual responce is fast. Viperdrive bypasses the internal processing and that reduces process time on the display significantly!

!! I love this screen!!!

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
No, not overdrive. Its a bit different. Viperdrive bypasses the internal processing for faster responce.

There is a noticeable difference between the viper drive ports and regular ports.

Even though there is motion blur, with low latency and greatly reduced processing, the blur is minimal or not noticeable at all.

There is a slight difference between this and my CRT, but its a difference I can live with!

This also acts as my primary TV, for movies and all games.

Even though its not stated in the specs, I am running this screen @ 120hz.

Traveller

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
bypasses the internal processing for faster response ... I am running this screen @ 120hz.

That's the second time you've mentioned this bypassing of internal processing as if we're all supposed to know what kind of processing actually goes on, er, internally. Maybe you could elaborate... .

Why are you running your LCD monitor @120Hz? Was that the default value you got after PnP did its thing, or did you manually set it hoping that it would make a difference...? AFAIK, ony a few select TVs are using 100/120Hz panels... . No offense, but I really doubt that you were so lucky to land the first 120Hz "monitor" for the low-low price of $1200.-

Last but not least: I find my 24" intimidating so I can't imagine what it's like working in front of 32"s worth of real estate. You must have to swivel your had a lot, lol :) At least the font size is still reasonable! (...not).

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I dont know exactly what the internal electronics do, but I do notice a difference in response between the ports that support it and those witch dont.

Im running the panel @ 120hz because it allowes me the option.

The default value was 60hz, but its working right now @ 120hz. Wether it makes any difference or not is a different story. The Viperdrive seems to make up for it, if there is no 120hz support. But its confusing as to if the 120hz makes a difference.

Look at it this way. 120hz improves response. Viperdrive improves response. Wether either one is working, or if both work, all that matters is that there is no visible ghosting, and motion blur is very minimal.

Ohh and the text is very resonably sized. Very sharp and easy to read. No head turning, just a bit more eye movement.

Traveller

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
the ports that support it... 120hz improves response...
When you say ports, you are talking physical interfaces (eg. DVI-D female socket, etc), right...? How many Viperdrive-enabled interfaces does this puppy have, anyhow?

Back to that so-called 120Hz... is your feeling of improved response based on some kind of A/B testing?

Thx for putting up with the twenty questions... :wink:

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
ViperDrive = 1 HDMI, 1 Component set, 1 composite set. AFAIK. I'll have to look at the book (Used as a prop to lean display toward me LOL)

I use a DVI-HDMI cable

http://www.sharp.ca/products/index.asp?cat=30&id=682&mod=specs&f=

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
the ports that support it... 120hz improves response...
When you say ports, you are talking physical interfaces (eg. DVI-D female socket, etc), right...? How many Viperdrive-enabled interfaces does this puppy have, anyhow?

Back to that so-called 120Hz... is your feeling of improved response based on some kind of A/B testing?

Thx for putting up with the twenty questions... :wink:

Yeah, I notated the ports above...

Yes, I just switch the ports and play my game and compare.

No problem about the questions...

Ill be as honest as I can in case anyone is looking to buy this display.

Blur is evident, like snapping the mouse while playing creates a slight bit of blur... I havent seen an LCD display that doesnt do this. I consider myself an avid FPS gamer, and there is a difference, and it seems to slow me down a bit. But also consider that im looking at a huge display, and everything seems different. Afterall, this is something that I can deal with...

I was also playing HL2 and I would launch dark orange, and black objects into a bright sky, and I didnt see any motion blur at all. 100% crisp image flying through the air.

Im guessing my next purchase will be LCOS or something with at least 10,00:1 native contrast and even faster response. I saw a demo of 1000:1 vs 1,000,000:1 contrast and the difference was amazing.