In Pictures: GDC 2010, Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Loyd's second day on the floor of GDC 2010 comes back to us in the form of a picture story. Real-time motion capture, virtual reality, stereoscopic showings from Nvidia and Sony, plus a brain wave detector kit were all on display at this year's show.

In Pictures: GDC 2010, Day 2 : Read more

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Would like to hear more about Napoleon: Total War on the new i7.

ie: What was the overall CPU usage during game play?

Never would have thought a 12 threaded cpu would be adopted by game developers so quickly :)

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i said wow to every picture......until the 3d ones came up.im getting bored of this new fad, fast.[/citation]

I take it you have a 3D capable screen and play all of your games in 3D?

Anyway, what's the point of 12 threads for Napoleon: Total War? It seems to run fine on a dual-core. Huh.

G

For a company that's supposed to be modern - I for one am not going to click on each picture when it has to load another web page just to show it.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think Total War would be a nice benchmark to use for testing processors in gaming applications in the future. Such benchmarks should heavily use RTS games since they are most demanding on CPU. Also, what would you rather have? A Core i7 980x with 6 cores!!! or an Opteron machine on the new G34 socket with 24 cores at the same price?

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I'm still skeptical on the whole PS3 3D bit, they can barely get any decent looking games running on the consoles (PS3 and 360) with 720p, how does Sony expect to run them in 3D? Or will we be forced to choose between a good looking game vs a 3D game?

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]sabot00[/nom]Crysis Battle Suit = Girl Magnet.[/citation]

I can just see it now... On the first date scaring the crap out of the poor girl!

Can anyone see a zipper on that suit? Needless to say, how does one... go?

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]rbarone69[/nom]I can just see it now... On the first date scaring the crap out of the poor girl! Can anyone see a zipper on that suit? Needless to say, how does one... go?[/citation]
It recycles it instantly and automatically for use in it's built in hydration system. Yum.

Sinsation Station

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
The TrueMotion controller by Sixsense (the one on first Picture).
Looks pretty cool.

But oh my; The Virtusphere has to be the craziest controller I've ever seen. Still I would love to give it a try and know what it feels to be inside a giant scrollwheel. (Hamster dance anyone?).

And if i ever get a Neurosky’s brain wave detector the first thing i'm gonna do is put it to my cat and see whats happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.