My computer started popping up that i had a virus. the popups wpuldn't stop
so i went to system restore and now the internet connection speed is
painfully slow. The popups are gone but now its all so slow that i figure
going to system restore screwed something up. what can i do? i am not a
computer whiz.

Hi

Did you check for any spyware before using System Restore? If not please
try these programs to get rid of any 'nasties' that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com