internet connect speed

My computer started popping up that i had a virus. the popups wpuldn't stop
so i went to system restore and now the internet connection speed is
painfully slow. The popups are gone but now its all so slow that i figure
going to system restore screwed something up. what can i do? i am not a
computer whiz.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet connect speed

    Hi

    Did you check for any spyware before using System Restore? If not please
    try these programs to get rid of any 'nasties' that may be on your system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "nocomputerwhiz" <nocomputerwhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer started popping up that i had a virus. the popups wpuldn't
    > stop
    > so i went to system restore and now the internet connection speed is
    > painfully slow. The popups are gone but now its all so slow that i figure
    > going to system restore screwed something up. what can i do? i am not a
    > computer whiz.

Connection Computers System Restore Windows XP