Your question

Windows 7 installation

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Partition
Last response: in Windows 7
September 9, 2012 11:11:18 AM

Hello,

I am having a problem installing Windows 7 Professional 64bit on my notebook. When i bought it, it was preinstalled, but as time goes by, it got sluggish so i decided to reinstall it, and i also wanted to install Windows xp for older games.
I downloaded ISO from windows site, extracted it on usb drive using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool. The usb managed to boot, but on the screen with partitions it couldn't make proper partition (Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information). I have browsed through many forums, tried everything, with no success... Is there anyone who can help me?

Currently, I have installed win xp 32 bit. My notebook is Lenovo V460 (processor Intel i3 370m, ram 4gb, graphic card NVidia GeForce 310m 1gb switchable, harddisk 500gb 7200rpm serial ata).

More about : windows installation

a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2012 11:36:41 AM

So you want to install win7 as a second OS? Is there free unpartitioned disk space for that? Or do you want to kill XP and install Win7 instead? Then you need to delete the exciting partition and create a new one.
m
l
September 9, 2012 11:53:59 AM

Yes, i want 2 OS if possible, though i would be satisfied with only win7, but i can't simply install it

I have three partitions: first for xp, second for win7 and the last for data
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2012 6:02:08 AM

Duskyman said:
Hello,

I am having a problem installing Windows 7 Professional 64bit on my notebook. When i bought it, it was preinstalled, but as time goes by, it got sluggish so i decided to reinstall it, and i also wanted to install Windows xp for older games.
I downloaded ISO from windows site, extracted it on usb drive using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool. The usb managed to boot, but on the screen with partitions it couldn't make proper partition (Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information). I have browsed through many forums, tried everything, with no success... Is there anyone who can help me?

Currently, I have installed win xp 32 bit. My notebook is Lenovo V460 (processor Intel i3 370m, ram 4gb, graphic card NVidia GeForce 310m 1gb switchable, harddisk 500gb 7200rpm serial ata).

I was in a similar situation, lets see if this helps you - http://adhocshare.blogspot.in/2012/09/windows-7-usb-ins...
m
l
September 12, 2012 9:37:03 AM

Tried, didn't helped... Any more suggestions?

edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that at first I accidentaly installed 32 bit windows 7 pro on it succesfully.
m
l
September 12, 2012 10:20:31 AM

This is not a much complex task to put two Windows installations on a single PC in different drives, You just need to boot for the Disc or USB and choose the installation drive. If it is not showing you the drives to install, there could be some another problem like the ISO has missing some files or corrupted. Try another disc or create USB boot able using aniother ISO.
m
l
September 12, 2012 11:08:36 AM

I downloaded iso from digitalriver and burned it on usb... I don't think it is corrupted. If you have some experience with it, could you recommend me some other site to download it? Or maybe the usb stick is bad, i'll try different.
m
l