Hi,

I love horror in games, fiction, movies, etc and I was looking for
recommendations on more horror IF. I've played Anchorhead, Babel,
Theatre, Lurking Horror, the one where you start in a grave in a
churchyard (forget the name), the one where you're alone in your
apartment, (called Alone, maybe?) and probably a few others that I can't
remember.

Can anyone recommend some good horror IF besides the ones I've already
played? I'm open for pretty much any type: supernatural, Lovecraftian,
zombie, psychological, etc, as long as it's entertainging and hopefully
creepy/scary.

Thanks,

J. W. McCall

"J. W. McCall" <jmccall@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi,

> Can anyone recommend some good horror IF besides the ones I've already
> played? I'm open for pretty much any type: supernatural, Lovecraftian,
> zombie, psychological, etc, as long as it's entertainging and hopefully
> creepy/scary.

I haven't played past the beginning yet, but Robb Sherwin's "Necrotic Drift"
(Hugo) is supposed to be really good.

---- Mike.

pj

J. W. McCall wrote:

> Can anyone recommend some good horror IF besides the ones I've
already
> played? I'm open for pretty much any type: supernatural,
Lovecraftian,
> zombie, psychological, etc, as long as it's entertainging and
hopefully
> creepy/scary.

A short, fun, and relatively new one (2004) is Act of Misdirection, by
Callico Harrison.

PJ

In article <ddjBd.38180$yv2.9812@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
J. W. McCall <jmccall@houston.rr.com> wrote:
[..]
>Can anyone recommend some good horror IF besides the ones I've already
>played? I'm open for pretty much any type: supernatural, Lovecraftian,
>zombie, psychological, etc, as long as it's entertainging and hopefully
>creepy/scary.

It's not a big genre in IF, but there are definitely some games out
there. I would suggest hitting the IF scoreboard
http://www.carouselchain.com/if/statistics.php?genre=9&type=genre&limit=30
which has a search-by-genre feature.

Baf's Guide has an even more extensive listing (though not scored as
finely):
http://www.wurb.com/if/genre/10

--
Dan Shiovitz :: dbs@cs.wisc.edu :: http://www.drizzle.com/~dans
"He settled down to dictate a letter to the Consolidated Nailfile and

On 31 Dec 2004 13:21:28 -0800, "PJ" <pete_jasper@hotmail.com> wrote:

>J. W. McCall wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend some good horror IF besides the ones I've
>already
>> played? I'm open for pretty much any type: supernatural,
>Lovecraftian,
>> zombie, psychological, etc, as long as it's entertainging and
>hopefully
>> creepy/scary.
>
>A short, fun, and relatively new one (2004) is Act of Misdirection, by
>Callico Harrison.
>
>PJ

A search against the Horror genre at the IF Ratings site will give you
quite a few to choose from:

http://www.carouselchain.com/if/statistics.php?genre=9&type=genre&limit=20

Cheers

Steve

Al

"J. W. McCall" <jmccall@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi,

> Can anyone recommend some good horror IF besides the ones I've already
>> played? I'm open for pretty much any type: supernatural, Lovecraftian,
>> zombie, psychological, etc, as long as it's entertainging and hopefully
>> creepy/scary.

How this upcoming one from Malinche Entertainment:

http://www.malinche.net/previews.html

"Al" <radical1@qadas.com> wrote in message

> How this upcoming one from Malinche Entertainment:

> http://www.malinche.net/previews.html

I haven't heard and don't know anything about that one. You'd have to check
it out for yourself -- Sorry.

---- Mike

Al

Mike Snyder wrote :

> I haven't heard and don't know anything about that one. You'd have to check
> it out for yourself -- Sorry.
>
> ---- Mike

Did you surf oon over to the page? I should have placed that directive in
my message.