HLA Adventure: 30334 downloads

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Walter S. wrote:

> Last week only.
>
> http://www.download.com/Adventure-General/3150-7564_4-0.html?tag=dir
>
> Someone owes Paul a *big* apology...

If trolls had brains, they might be dangerous.

Dear stupid Walter, those are not last week's stats. Click the 'last
week' at the top to see the downloads for last week only.

==--- --=--=-- ---==
Quintin Stone "You speak of necessary evil? One of those necessities
stone@rps.net is that if innocents must suffer, the guilty must suffer
www.rps.net more." - Mackenzie Calhoun, "Once Burned" by Peter David

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:08:08 -0000, "David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com>
tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>"Walter S." <sisulu@africamail.com> wrote in message
>> Last week only.
>>
>> http://www.download.com/Adventure-General/3150-7564_4-0.html?tag=dir
>>

>> Someone owes Paul a *big* apology...
>

>Wow. Paul must have a really fast connection if he can download his own game
>30334 times in a single week.

But he works in cooperation with Tomasz and all of his multiple
personalities!

--
|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || KoL:Grue3 NationStates:Holypunkeye |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

"Quintin Stone" <stone@rps.net> wrote in message
> Click the 'last
> week' at the top to see the downloads for last week only.

187 downloads in one week is still pretty good.

Kevin Venzke

Kevin Venzke wrote:
> "Quintin Stone" <stone@rps.net> wrote in message
>
>>Click the 'last
>>week' at the top to see the downloads for last week only.
>

> 187 downloads in one week is still pretty good.

Not too good. It's a free small file in a directory full of
multi-megabyte shareware, it's description doesn't really say what it
is, and the 'screenshot' links to a tripod banner, all of which work in
the favor of its getting downloads from the mildly curious just trying
to figure out what it is. Plus some people seem to have the habit of
going through a download directory and getting everything; some form of
digital kleptomania, perhaps. I'd guess that the number that actually
open it would be a bit smaller and the number that run it twice would be
close to zero.

"Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr> wrote in message

> "Quintin Stone" <stone@rps.net> wrote in message
>> Click the 'last
>> week' at the top to see the downloads for last week only.
>
> 187 downloads in one week is still pretty good.
>
> Kevin Venzke

187 or 30334 means nothing really. How many people actually liked the game?

Millions of people watch the Teletubbies but it doesn't mean it's good TV.