Questions about my zv6000 Pavilion Laptop

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Hi everyone.

Here's my questions...

I've got an ATI Radeon Xpress Mobility 200m 128mb graphics card in my laptop... it's pretty nice, but it uses 118 mb of my system memory (as well as its own 128... greedy pig) and I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop it from doing so.

My next question is whether or not it's "upgradable". I saw one website that said something about it being built in to the motherboard.. so that would imply no... but I need to find out, so I was hoping that someone on here knew.

Also the computer has DDR 2700 (333 mhz) ram in it... I was wondering if there's an easy way to find out if it will support a faster speed of RAM... like 3200 (400mhz) or something along those lines.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

That video card is integrated into the motherboard, so no upgrading. Any ATi Xpress or Intel GMA solutions are integrated. That Xpress chip uses hypermemory which means that it borrows memory from the computer's RAM. I got this off of notebookreview.com: "Download ATI Tray Tools and install it if you haven't already - then go Tools & Options, General Options, Advanced, and uncheck "Enable ATT Shared Memory". That should disable it. To find out if you can use a higher speed RAM, go to www.cpuid.com and download either CPU-Z or PC Wizard. CPU-Z gives basic info about the motherboard, current memory and the CPU. PC Wizard will tell you just about everything you want to know about your laptop.

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
That video card is integrated into the motherboard, so no upgrading. Any ATi Xpress or Intel GMA solutions are integrated. That Xpress chip uses hypermemory which means that it borrows memory from the computer's RAM. I got this off of notebookreview.com: "Download ATI Tray Tools and install it if you haven't already - then go Tools & Options, General Options, Advanced, and uncheck "Enable ATT Shared Memory". That should disable it. To find out if you can use a higher speed RAM, go to www.cpuid.com and download either CPU-Z or PC Wizard. CPU-Z gives basic info about the motherboard, current memory and the CPU. PC Wizard will tell you just about everything you want to know about your laptop.

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much.

TRENDING THREADS