Does source code exist for a Z-Machine (infocom interpreter) in basic?

"Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does source code exist for a Z-Machine (infocom interpreter) in basic?

Not to my knowledge. Googling shows that once or twice over
the years it's been mentioned as a possibility, but nobody
seems to have taken the bait.

Cheers, Roger
--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
You'll find all my IF pages at http://www.firthworks.com/roger

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 23:11:57 -0700, "Terry Olsen"
<tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does source code exist for a Z-Machine (infocom interpreter) in basic?

Which particular brand of basic are you interested in? Will Visual
Basic do?

Yes, Visual basic will do.
Thanks!

"Boluc Papuccuoglu" <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@REMOVETHISaknet.com.tr> wrote in
message news:la77u0d4m4rckn618prq6hv08slmok6g3d@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 23:11:57 -0700, "Terry Olsen"
> <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Does source code exist for a Z-Machine (infocom interpreter) in basic?
>>
> Which particular brand of basic are you interested in? Will Visual
> Basic do?

I'm curious what that must look like, what with Basic's lack of
unsigned datatypes and such. Alot of bit-twiddling, I suppose?

Well, it'd be much worse in Intercal.
http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/intercal-man/

"Boluc Papuccuoglu" <bolucPERIODpapuccuoglu@REMOVETHISaknet.com.tr> escreveu
na mensagem news:la77u0d4m4rckn618prq6hv08slmok6g3d@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 23:11:57 -0700, "Terry Olsen"
> <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Does source code exist for a Z-Machine (infocom interpreter) in basic?
>>
> Which particular brand of basic are you interested in? Will Visual
> Basic do?

You could by any chance share any Z-Machine related code in VB?

Regards,
RootShell

On 11 Jan 2005 11:54:32 -0800, "Brandon Roberson"
<broberson@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm curious what that must look like, what with Basic's lack of
>unsigned datatypes and such. Alot of bit-twiddling, I suppose?
>
>Well, it'd be much worse in Intercal.
>http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/intercal-man/

No, you just declare a "long" and "Binary And" it with $FFFFFFFF,
which gives you an unsigned 16 bit integer for most purposes.

Terry, if you are interested, I have an unfinished VB6 ZCode
interpreter that is mostly done. It is VERY rough round the edges, but
I was able to play most Comp03 games on it... I can mail you the
source code if you want.

Boluc Papuccuogulu

That would be great! All I want to play are V3 games anyway...the old
Infocom games are my target. I am actually writing the interpreter for the
Apple II computer...but need some basic code for an example. I tried to