internet explorer

I have windows xp with explorer 5.1 with sp2. Do I need explorer 6.0 or what
is the best explorer for xp.
4 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer

    southernlightnin,
    Here's the MS download page for IE 6 and other goodies;'IE 6 Home'
    (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Internet Explorer 5.1 is for the Apple OS X. Microsoft Internet Explorer
    5.1 for Macintosh

    Internet Explorer 6 comes with Windows XP.

    Windows History: Internet Explorer History
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/WinHistoryIE.mspx

    Windows XP is NT 5.1

    NT stands for New Technology.
    XP stands for eXPerience.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B332924C-1424-441A-BA1B-600A8F3BB1D4@microsoft.com,
    southernlightnin <southernlightnin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
    pecked:
    > I have windows xp with explorer 5.1 with sp2. Do I need explorer 6.0 or
    > what is the best explorer for xp.

    In news:B332924C-1424-441A-BA1B-600A8F3BB1D4@microsoft.com,
    southernlightnin <southernlightnin@discussions.microsoft.com>
    typed:

    > I have windows xp with explorer 5.1 with sp2. Do I need
    > explorer 6.0
    > or what is the best explorer for xp.

    Almost certainly the above isn't correct. You have Windows XP
    SP2, which is also known as Windows NT 5.1. You have Internet
    Explorer 6.0, which is the version that comes with Windows XP.

    To check this, in IE, go to Help | About, and see what it says.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Hi

    You should have IE 6 installed with XP. Where did you see IE 5.1? Open
    Internet Explorer and go to Help>About Internet Explorer - what version does
    it say is installed?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "southernlightnin" <southernlightnin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:B332924C-1424-441A-BA1B-600A8F3BB1D4@microsoft.com...
    >I have windows xp with explorer 5.1 with sp2. Do I need explorer 6.0 or
    >what
    > is the best explorer for xp.

Internet Explorer Explorer Windows XP