Al

This is the final call for entries for Webscam Comp. I need a minimum of 5
entries and 1 other person to judge. If I get the original 10 maximum
entries I will also ask for another judge. Judges are NOT eligible to enter
the compettiion.

Prizes are yet to be determined.

reply by Jan 31 to the above e-mail address with intent to enter. If I get
minimum 5 I'll arrange to have a web site put up.

thanks,

Al

Al wrote:
> reply by Jan 31 to the above e-mail address with intent to
> enter. If I get minimum 5 I'll arrange to have a web site put
> up.

I don't have time to write any more IF side projects at the
moment, but I wanted to make a general comment about the
seeming lack of response going on here.

Even though I read the original announcement, I never exactly
understood what the premise was. I wouldn't know what I was
being called upon to write even if I had the time to do so.
I'm wondering whether other people feel the same way.

--
J. Robinson Wheeler Games: http://raddial.com/if/
JRW Digital Media Movie: http://thekroneexperiment.com/

"J. Robinson Wheeler" <jrw@jrwdigitalmedia.com> wrote in message

> Al wrote:
>> reply by Jan 31 to the above e-mail address with intent to
>> enter. If I get minimum 5 I'll arrange to have a web site put
>> up.
>
> I don't have time to write any more IF side projects at the
> moment, but I wanted to make a general comment about the
> seeming lack of response going on here.
>
> Even though I read the original announcement, I never exactly
> understood what the premise was. I wouldn't know what I was
> being called upon to write even if I had the time to do so.
> I'm wondering whether other people feel the same way.
>

> --
> J. Robinson Wheeler Games: http://raddial.com/if/
> JRW Digital Media Movie: http://thekroneexperiment.com/

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. There are so many comps in
the IF world, it's often difficult to keep track of them. Any chance of a
reprint of the rules?

Al

David Whyld wrote :

>> Even though I read the original announcement, I never exactly
>> understood what the premise was. I wouldn't know what I was
>> being called upon to write even if I had the time to do so.
>> I'm wondering whether other people feel the same way.

I'm waiting to see if I can get the minimal number of entries (5).

I will then let the entrants know by way of a web page that I
saved about a month ago what the contest is about. I will mail the
web page to the entrants if I have enough of them and explaiin the
contest in futher detail.

I may be getting some hosted space on Mike Snyder's site as well.

"Al" <radical1@qadas.com> wrote in message
> David Whyld wrote :
>

>>> Even though I read the original announcement, I never exactly
>>> understood what the premise was. I wouldn't know what I was
>>> being called upon to write even if I had the time to do so.
>>> I'm wondering whether other people feel the same way.
>>>

> I'm waiting to see if I can get the minimal number of entries (5).
>
> I will then let the entrants know by way of a web page that I
> saved about a month ago what the contest is about. I will mail the
> web page to the entrants if I have enough of them and explaiin the
> contest in futher detail.
>

> I may be getting some hosted space on Mike Snyder's site as well.

So am I right in guessing that you're asking for people to enter a comp
without even telling them what it's about?

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

Al

David Whyld wrote :

> So am I right in guessing that you're asking for people to enter a comp
> without even telling them what it's about?
>
> Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

I messed up by not stating the premise of the Comp, so here it is.

While surfing the Net one day you come across a website wherein thne author
claims he made $73,000 iin one week. ( and he's posted phtotocipes of
checks)
to "prove " it.

You read along a little further and become introigued. He wants $47 for the
"secrets" to this "amazing" little scam and you decide to bite.

More details later. but thats just the jist of this.

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:18:58 -0700, Al <radical1@qadas.com> wrote:
> I messed up by not stating the premise of the Comp, so here it is.
>
> While surfing the Net one day you come across a website wherein thne author
> claims he made $73,000 iin one week. ( and he's posted phtotocipes of
> checks)
> to "prove " it.
>
> You read along a little further and become introigued. He wants $47 for the
> "secrets" to this "amazing" little scam and you decide to bite.

>send $47 to scammer

If you insist.... Poof, you're out $47!

**** You have lost ****

> More details later. but thats just the jist of this.

Hmm, how many more details can there be?

--
Tim Mann usenet@tim-mann.org http://tim-mann.org/