jpeg size

How can I decrease the KBs of my jpeg???
12 answers Last reply
More about jpeg size

    Turn them into gifs.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    In news:OudQp7LhFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    George Hester <hesterloli@hotmail.com> typed:

    > Turn them into gifs.

    That will make them bigger, not smaller.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    >> How can I decrease the KBs of my jpeg???

    That doesn't happen here. Hmmm....

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    > In news:OudQp7LhFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > George Hester <hesterloli@hotmail.com> typed:
    >
    > > Turn them into gifs.
    >

    > That will make them bigger, not smaller.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup
    >

    > >> How can I decrease the KBs of my jpeg???

    Third-party JPG compression programs:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jpeg+compress

    Image optimization shrink gif jpeg graphics by NetMechanic:
    http://www.netmechanic.com/accelerate.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Jeri" <Jeri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I decrease the KBs of my jpeg???

    Powertoys for Windows XP. Free download from Microsoft.
    "Jeri" <Jeri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I decrease the KBs of my jpeg???

    Increase the compression. Make them smaller.

    "Jeri" <Jeri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0A0C549-EFDB-457E-8608-BD801BB42843@microsoft.com...
    > How can I decrease the KBs of my jpeg???

    Will depend on the file and the compression on the jpeg.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:emdAh1NhFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > That doesn't happen here. Hmmm....
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    >> In news:OudQp7LhFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >> George Hester <hesterloli@hotmail.com> typed:
    >>
    >> > Turn them into gifs.
    >>

    >> That will make them bigger, not smaller.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    Well of course I have not converted every jpeg known to Man into a gif. I
    have done hundreds and I have never seen a gif larger than a jpeg from
    conversion. I'd sure like to see one though.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    ----------------------
    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > That doesn't happen here. Hmmm....
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    >> In news:OudQp7LhFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >> George Hester <hesterloli@hotmail.com> typed:
    >>
    >> > Turn them into gifs.
    >>

    >> That will make them bigger, not smaller.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    Yes I know that small jpegs will do that. Alright now case closed.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Here is an example.

    ----------------------
    > Well of course I have not converted every jpeg known to Man into a gif. I
    > have done hundreds and I have never seen a gif larger than a jpeg from
    > conversion. I'd sure like to see one though.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Will depend on the file and the compression on the jpeg.

    > ----------------------
    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> That doesn't happen here. Hmmm....
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________
    >> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    >>> In news:OudQp7LhFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >>> George Hester <hesterloli@hotmail.com> typed:

    >>> That will make them bigger, not smaller.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the newsgroup

    jpg has adjustable compression. You can set it to be higher or lower,
    whatever takes your fancy.
    It's not something worth getting bothered about.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Well of course I have not converted every jpeg known to Man into a gif. I
    > have done hundreds and I have never seen a gif larger than a jpeg from
    > conversion. I'd sure like to see one though.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Will depend on the file and the compression on the jpeg.

    > ----------------------
    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> That doesn't happen here. Hmmm....
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________
    >> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    >>> In news:OudQp7LhFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >>> George Hester <hesterloli@hotmail.com> typed:

    >>> That will make them bigger, not smaller.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the newsgroup

    sorry, meant to add
    it's not worth getting bothered about- unless it is higher quality with less
    artefacts or size of the file is of importance.

    Using over 95% quality setting gives some large files, setting low gives
    some really small files but the difference is very noticeable.

    "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
    > jpg has adjustable compression. You can set it to be higher or lower,
    > whatever takes your fancy.
    > It's not something worth getting bothered about.
    >

    > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Well of course I have not converted every jpeg known to Man into a gif.
    >> have done hundreds and I have never seen a gif larger than a jpeg from
    >> conversion. I'd sure like to see one though.
    >>
    >> --
    >> George Hester
    >> _______________________________
    >> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    >> Will depend on the file and the compression on the jpeg.
    >>
    >> --
    >> ----------------------
    >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> That doesn't happen here. Hmmm....
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> George Hester
    >>> _______________________________
    >>> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message

    I just assumed the op wanted to reduce the size for a reason. That reason
    since not stated I thought maybe for web access. If that's the case I
    really don't see the reason why he'd want to reduce the size of a jpeg that
    is already small to begin with. On average jpgs used as images to download
    are around 100KB+. A gif of those will always reduce their size. Yes a
    loss of quality. For example I can change a jpg to gif and blue becomes
    yellow-green. Not nice.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    > sorry, meant to add
    > it's not worth getting bothered about- unless it is higher quality with
    less
    > artefacts or size of the file is of importance.
    >
    > Using over 95% quality setting gives some large files, setting low gives
    > some really small files but the difference is very noticeable.
    >

    > "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
    > > jpg has adjustable compression. You can set it to be higher or lower,
    > > whatever takes your fancy.
    > > It's not something worth getting bothered about.
    > >

    > > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Well of course I have not converted every jpeg known to Man into a gif.
    > >> have done hundreds and I have never seen a gif larger than a jpeg from
    > >> conversion. I'd sure like to see one though.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> George Hester
    > >> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > >> Will depend on the file and the compression on the jpeg.
    > >>
    > >> --

    ---
    > >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    > >> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message