cannot reinstall printer

i was having problems with my printer i unstalled it. tried to reinstall and
a message comes up 16 bit sub file not compatibale with ms-dos and windows
i do not know what this is help
--
cynde
6 answers Last reply

    "cynde" <caayars@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >i was having problems with my printer i unstalled it. tried to reinstall
    >and
    > a message comes up 16 bit sub file not compatibale with ms-dos and
    > windows
    > i do not know what this is help
    > --
    > cynde

    go to the web site for what ever brand of printer you have and download the
    latest drivers, then try again.

    i tried and i get the same message not compatibale as above stated
    --
    cynde

    "Jone Doe" wrote:

    > "cynde" <caayars@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >i was having problems with my printer i unstalled it. tried to reinstall
    > >and
    > > a message comes up 16 bit sub file not compatibale with ms-dos and
    > > windows
    > > i do not know what this is help
    > > --
    > > cynde
    >
    > go to the web site for what ever brand of printer you have and download the
    > latest drivers, then try again.

    cynde,
    Have a look at this forum thread along with the download link;
    'Bighammer' (http://kb.bighammer.com/article.aspx?id=10003)

    'XP_Fix.exe' (http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    I tried it told me file already exists
    --
    cynde

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > cynde,
    > Have a look at this forum thread along with the download link;
    > 'Bighammer' (http://kb.bighammer.com/article.aspx?id=10003)
    >
    > 'XP_Fix.exe' (http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/)
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    thank you very much it installed and works fine
    --
    cynde

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > cynde,
    > Have a look at this forum thread along with the download link;
    > 'Bighammer' (http://kb.bighammer.com/article.aspx?id=10003)
    >
    > 'XP_Fix.exe' (http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/)
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    No problem Cynde, glad your up and running.
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

MS-DOS Microsoft Printers Windows XP