Starting in interactive fiction

I have just found the wonderful world of interactive fiction and tried
a few of the titles. I need a hint or even a spoiler to find how to get
started with Narcolepsy. I can make a few moves but can't get any
further. Can anyone send me a walkthrough for the first part of the
game to help me understand what to do. I'm going around in circles at
the moment.

spellos wrote:
> I have just found the wonderful world of interactive fiction and tried
> a few of the titles. I need a hint or even a spoiler to find how to get
> started with Narcolepsy. I can make a few moves but can't get any
> further. Can anyone send me a walkthrough for the first part of the
> game to help me understand what to do. I'm going around in circles at
> the moment.

SPOILERS
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
The opening dream of the game is randomised, so if you're stuck in
a dream you'll have to give us a bit more information to go on. That
said, you can >WAKE out of the dreams at any time -- though they all
have 'proper' solutions too.

If you're stuck in the house, you can move around by typing >GO TO
KITCHEN, >GO TO BEDROOM, >GO OUTSIDE etc. That should help you advance
the plot a bit.

Otherwise, keep exploring everywhere. Something will turn up.

Stephen.

Stephen Bond wrote:
> spellos wrote:
> > I have just found the wonderful world of interactive fiction and
tried
> > a few of the titles. I need a hint or even a spoiler to find how to
get
> > started with Narcolepsy. I can make a few moves but can't get any
> > further. Can anyone send me a walkthrough for the first part of the
> > game to help me understand what to do. I'm going around in circles
at
> > the moment.
>
> SPOILERS
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> The opening dream of the game is randomised, so if you're stuck in
> a dream you'll have to give us a bit more information to go on. That
> said, you can >WAKE out of the dreams at any time -- though they all
> have 'proper' solutions too.
>
> If you're stuck in the house, you can move around by typing >GO TO
> KITCHEN, >GO TO BEDROOM, >GO OUTSIDE etc. That should help you
advance
> the plot a bit.
>
> Otherwise, keep exploring everywhere. Something will turn up.
>
> Stephen.

Spellos wrote

Thank you for your response. I am now moving around successfully, and
hope to make some progress. Further news when I find what to do next.
Oswald