  • Basic
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 17, 2005 5:16:12 PM

I've been trying to get Dog Star Adventure up and running on my Windows
machine. I downloaded the source code from the archive, then tried to
load it in GW-BASIC, but it just says "Line buffer overflow." I then
tried getting it to run with QBASIC, but I ran into massive
compile-time errors. I tried to fix these, but they were too much for
me.

Has anybody modified the source code so it will run on a PC? Or anybody
have a DOS executable of it?

Hal

More about : basic problems dog star adventure

January 18, 2005 1:25:19 AM

Hal Redding wrote:
> I've been trying to get Dog Star Adventure up and running ...
> Has anybody modified the source code so it will run on a PC?

There's a SmallBASIC port:

http://smallbasic.sourceforge.net/scode/vsrc.php?show=8...

-Nick
(To contact me, send your message to nickm.com, username nickm)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:13:16 PM

Heya.

Hal Redding wrote in message
<1106000171.975491.308610@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
>I've been trying to get Dog Star Adventure up and running on my Windows
>machine. I downloaded the source code from the archive, then tried to
>load it in GW-BASIC, but it just says "Line buffer overflow." I then
>tried getting it to run with QBASIC, but I ran into massive
>compile-time errors. I tried to fix these, but they were too much for
>me.
>
>Has anybody modified the source code so it will run on a PC? Or anybody
>have a DOS executable of it?
>
>Hal

What version of GWBASIc are you using? There are several ones. Dogstar does
not run in Qbasic indeed.

Greetz, Katzy.
January 18, 2005 5:29:07 PM

nm wrote:
> There's a SmallBASIC port:
>
> http://smallbasic.sourceforge.net/scode/vsrc.php?show=8...

Thanks. That version worked great. :)

As for my GW-BASIC version, like the one I downloaded says "GW-BASIC
3.22 (C) Copyright Ghostwriter Team 1994,1995,1996". That's a bit
suspicious. I never noticed that before. Then again, I did download it
for free.

Hal
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 3:38:10 PM

Heya.

Hal Redding wrote in message

>As for my GW-BASIC version, like the one I downloaded says "GW-BASIC
>3.22 (C) Copyright Ghostwriter Team 1994,1995,1996". That's a bit
>suspicious. I never noticed that before. Then again, I did download it
>for free.
>
>Hal

You can try this gwbasic version:

www.nostalgia8.org/download/basic/gwbasic320.zip

You can try this mbasic version of dogstar:

www.nostalgia8.org//download/basic/dogstar.zip

Greetz, Katzy.
!