BASIC problems: Dog Star Adventure

I've been trying to get Dog Star Adventure up and running on my Windows
machine. I downloaded the source code from the archive, then tried to
load it in GW-BASIC, but it just says "Line buffer overflow." I then
tried getting it to run with QBASIC, but I ran into massive
compile-time errors. I tried to fix these, but they were too much for
me.

Has anybody modified the source code so it will run on a PC? Or anybody
have a DOS executable of it?

Hal

Heya.

Hal Redding wrote in message
<1106000171.975491.308610@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
>I've been trying to get Dog Star Adventure up and running on my Windows
>machine. I downloaded the source code from the archive, then tried to
>load it in GW-BASIC, but it just says "Line buffer overflow." I then
>tried getting it to run with QBASIC, but I ran into massive
>compile-time errors. I tried to fix these, but they were too much for
>me.
>
>Has anybody modified the source code so it will run on a PC? Or anybody
>have a DOS executable of it?
>
>Hal

What version of GWBASIc are you using? There are several ones. Dogstar does
not run in Qbasic indeed.

Greetz, Katzy.

nm wrote:
> There's a SmallBASIC port:
>
> http://smallbasic.sourceforge.net/scode/vsrc.php?show=82

Thanks. That version worked great. :)

As for my GW-BASIC version, like the one I downloaded says "GW-BASIC
3.22 (C) Copyright Ghostwriter Team 1994,1995,1996". That's a bit
suspicious. I never noticed that before. Then again, I did download it
for free.

Hal

Heya.

Hal Redding wrote in message

>As for my GW-BASIC version, like the one I downloaded says "GW-BASIC
>3.22 (C) Copyright Ghostwriter Team 1994,1995,1996". That's a bit
>suspicious. I never noticed that before. Then again, I did download it
>for free.
>
>Hal

You can try this gwbasic version:

www.nostalgia8.org/download/basic/gwbasic320.zip

You can try this mbasic version of dogstar:

www.nostalgia8.org//download/basic/dogstar.zip

Greetz, Katzy.