Recovery console of winxp

I have posted this before but no reply todate.

I have dual OS, namely win98 at C: and winxp at D:. I have reinstalled
win98. How do i use recovery console of winxp installation CD to regain
access to winxp in my D:?

You need to use the Fixboot, FixMBR and Bootcfg commands. Well, maybe
not all of them. But anyway check here for
more info. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314058 Bootcfg
/rebuild would be a good place to start.
"WWChew" <chew@wech.com.my> wrote in message
>I have posted this before but no reply todate.
>
> I have dual OS, namely win98 at C: and winxp at D:. I have reinstalled
> win98. How do i use recovery console of winxp installation CD to regain
> access to winxp in my D:?

See my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to Win XP Tips

For Win9x/Me: Install 98/Me after XP is Installed.

Follow the steps for Repairing the Windows XP Boot loader. Since you've reinstalled 98, your BOOTSECT.DOS file should still be intact. You maybe able to skip to Step 5.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.