Outlook close when show desktop is clicked

July 9, 2005 3:17:09 PM

I'm running xp home edition. I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. Now
whenever I click show desktop Outlook closes. This is the only application
that closes like this. Any ideas how to fix??

Thanks,

Steve
August 2, 2008 6:22:40 PM

Solution from Nepatsfan at http://www.technewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.wi... - Is there an Outlook icon in the Notification area next to the clock? If so, right click on it and see if "Hide when
minimized" is checked. Clicking on the entry will remove the
check mark. Keep in mind that double clicking on the icon will
restore Outlook.
April 9, 2012 3:32:51 PM

Quote:
Outlook icon in the Notification area next to the clock? If so, right click on it and see if "Hide when
minimized" is checked. Clicking on the entry will remove the check mark.

Yes, yes this works! Who knew it was so simple. Thank you so much! I was into properties and shift clicking and this was all. Thank you! (Still works in Outlook 2010 & Windows 7)