My stereo broke! Time for new speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Well the RCA 5.1 Stereo in my room just quit working at all...and my computer is right next to my bed anyway...so I figured why not get some good computer speakers and kill 2 birds with one stone (or sum of money :) ) . I don't need GREAT audio the RCA wasn't the best but I can't tell the diff anyway. Needs to be sub-$50. Here are a few I picked out:

DCT Factory OG-580 25watts 5.1 Speaker

Logitech X-230 32 Watts 2.1 Black Speakers

Cyber Acoustics CA5001WB 80 watts 5.1 Black Speaker

Honestly I have no real preference for sound...I've been ok playing bf2 on my monitor speakers for a couple months now. But I did love that 5-cd changer :cry: :cry: :cry: As for the choices, I just went with ratings and prices. Doesn't need to be 5.1 i don't really care as long as I can hear the highs and lows okay. Not too muffled or tinny I guess IDK :lol:

BTW it need to look really cool or match my black SOYO monitor. Thanks!

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Here's a pic of my monitor:
1998_r_tilt1_200.jpg

See those speakers are pretty small. You think those logitechs would look good with it?

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Sorry I'll listen to you. So the Cyber Acoustics are the way to go. I was just reading and judging the reviews, but you sound like a real sound guru. Any final thoughts before my final decision?

trsut me i aint no guru, i just don't think any speakers that cheap and small can be good.

as i said in the other thread it is best to listen to them first, any shops around you that would have similar models?

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Not really I just have Best Buy, Circuit City and Office Depot. The problem is anything there seems to be way overpriced. I tried the online search for some of the speakers but couldn't find any.

I really don't care if they sound perfect because I won't turn them up very loud anyway. As I said, I'm ok with gaming on those monitor speakers. Just want to replace my old stereo speakers at a very cheap cost...wait a sec...could I scrounge those speakers also and hook em up to my comp with the new system I buy? Those sounded just fine.

BTW will surround make a diff if the speakers will all be in front of me? I don't have anywhere to hide them all so a couple would be on my desk, a few on a shelf or window sill in front of me.

there really is no point having surround unless they will surround you. tbh, if you are happy with what you got then stick with those.

also, i wasn't meaning buy anything from those stores merely fget an idea of how similar models sound.

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
there really is no point having surround unless they will surround you. tbh, if you are happy with what you got then stick with those.

also, i wasn't meaning buy anything from those stores merely fget an idea of how similar models sound.

That wasn't the issue, what I need is replacement speakers to listen to my cds and stuff on during the day and night while Im on my bed. I can hardly hear the monitor ones from 4 feet away.

I havent found any stores with speakers anywhere near what i want to listen to. thnx for the advice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.