Error Loading Operating System

I started to get the below message....1st my system shuts down then the
following appears in an infinite loop...any ideas what this is?
Software/hardware issue and how to fix it?:

"Realtek PTL8139...PCI Fast Ethernet Controller
PXE E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE MOF: Exiting PXE ROM
Error loading operating system"

Any insight on what this is and how to fix it would be super. It happened a
few days ago so I reformatted the hard drive in hopes it would fix the
problem but it just re-appeared again! Help!

Kathy
1 answer Last reply
More about error loading operating system

    After sticking her head out from her XP firewall, Kathy had this to say:

    > I started to get the below message....1st my system shuts down then the
    > following appears in an infinite loop...any ideas what this is?
    > Software/hardware issue and how to fix it?:
    >
    > "Realtek PTL8139...PCI Fast Ethernet Controller
    > PXE E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
    > PXE MOF: Exiting PXE ROM
    > Error loading operating system"
    >
    > Any insight on what this is and how to fix it would be super. It happened
    > a few days ago so I reformatted the hard drive in hopes it would fix the
    > problem but it just re-appeared again! Help!
    >
    > Kathy

    Try installing the drivers that come with your system/motherboard. In
    particular the driver for the onboard NIC that you are using there.

    --
    Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
    Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

Windows XP