My hard drive crashed so I installed a new hard drive and reinstalled windows
XP and microsoft office and all other restore programs. When I create a
Power point presentation and then save and close out, I am unable to open the
ppt file back up. It says that power point can not read the file. The same
thing occurs with Microsoft word programs. Also I can not get the sound to
function on my computer. Under sounds and devices in the control panel, it
won't let me change the volume. I think that I am missing some sort of
setting or configuration that should have been altered when I installed the
new drive. Please help me if you can. Thanks

"Jwhite Hard drive complications" <Jwhite Hard drive complications
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hard drive crashed so I installed a new hard drive and reinstalled
> windows
> XP and microsoft office and all other restore programs. When I create a
> Power point presentation and then save and close out, I am unable to open
> the
> ppt file back up. It says that power point can not read the file. The
> same
> thing occurs with Microsoft word programs. Also I can not get the sound to
> function on my computer. Under sounds and devices in the control panel, it
> won't let me change the volume. I think that I am missing some sort of
> setting or configuration that should have been altered when I installed
> the
> new drive. Please help me if you can. Thanks

Get your motherboard driver cd and install the sound drivers.

Perhaps the PowerPoint file is corrupt, or is from a newer version.

Word programs? do you mean documents? If so same as PowerPoint.