New Hard Drive

My hard drive crashed so I installed a new hard drive and reinstalled windows
XP and microsoft office and all other restore programs. When I create a
Power point presentation and then save and close out, I am unable to open the
ppt file back up. It says that power point can not read the file. The same
thing occurs with Microsoft word programs. Also I can not get the sound to
function on my computer. Under sounds and devices in the control panel, it
won't let me change the volume. I think that I am missing some sort of
setting or configuration that should have been altered when I installed the
new drive. Please help me if you can. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive

    "Jwhite Hard drive complications" <Jwhite Hard drive complications
    @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My hard drive crashed so I installed a new hard drive and reinstalled
    > windows
    > XP and microsoft office and all other restore programs. When I create a
    > Power point presentation and then save and close out, I am unable to open
    > the
    > ppt file back up. It says that power point can not read the file. The
    > same
    > thing occurs with Microsoft word programs. Also I can not get the sound to
    > function on my computer. Under sounds and devices in the control panel, it
    > won't let me change the volume. I think that I am missing some sort of
    > setting or configuration that should have been altered when I installed
    > the
    > new drive. Please help me if you can. Thanks

    Get your motherboard driver cd and install the sound drivers.

    Perhaps the PowerPoint file is corrupt, or is from a newer version.

    Word programs? do you mean documents? If so same as PowerPoint.

Hard Drives Windows XP