Sign in with
Your question

BSOD lately...

Last response: in Windows 7
September 10, 2012 12:12:21 AM

Lately I have been getting BSOD and I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out with what I need to do to fix it. I just built my computer in July so it is fairly new.

I've taken some pictures and here are what they show me.

Error message:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:

1st:
*** bthport.sys

2nd:
*** btwavdt.sys

If you need more info please let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is annoying me beyond imaginable.

More about : bsod

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2012 12:17:25 AM

It looks like that's the standard Windows BT driver causing your problem. Have you loaded the hardware specifics drover, latest version, from your hardware manufacturer's web site ?

Always use manufacturer's hardware drivers in lieu of standard generic windows drivers.....never let Windows update install any hardware drivers.

m
l
September 10, 2012 12:33:33 AM

I have a Rocketfish bluetooth adapter that a bought at Best Buy. I used the disk to install the drivers. I just went to the Rocketfish website and downloaded drivers from this website: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php .

Is there anything else I should do? I guess I won't really know if its fixed until, if at all, BSOD again.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2012 12:37:01 AM

stress test the ram with memtest..run open hardware monitor to check temps. run prime95 to see if you can force an error.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2012 12:28:19 PM

Run memtest86 to make sure its not a RAM problem. But given the BT driver crashed both times.. did this problem occur before you got the Bluetooth adapter?
m
l
!