Windows XP SP2 will not install

nbk

HI

The XP SP2 stalls at checking hardware and all i have is a blank screen.
Fedora Core 4 will install w/o issue.

I have Intel 3.4e MHz Processor SL7E6 Costa Rica, Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
HSF, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe v. 2.0 1021 BIOS, Audigy MP3+, Crucial 2x512
PC-3200, Samsung DVD Combo SM-348B, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Floppy Disk
Drive, Enermax 550 Watt PSU, Lian-Li PC-61 Case, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro,
Windows XP SP2.

Thanks
NBK

NBK wrote:

> HI
>
> The XP SP2 stalls at checking hardware and all i have is a blank screen.
> Fedora Core 4 will install w/o issue.
>
> I have Intel 3.4e MHz Processor SL7E6 Costa Rica, Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
> HSF, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe v. 2.0 1021 BIOS, Audigy MP3+, Crucial 2x512
> PC-3200, Samsung DVD Combo SM-348B, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Floppy Disk
> Drive, Enermax 550 Watt PSU, Lian-Li PC-61 Case, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro,
> Windows XP SP2.
>
> Thanks
> NBK

How is the Windows XP installation being done? To a clean
HD or trying to go through the Fedora bootloader or manager?
IOW, the installation sequence should be Windows XP first
in order for it to assert control over the boot sector.