1893 column published in this Sunday's NY Times

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

"PTN" <peterdeletethisnepstad@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Here's the online link (you'll need to register but it is free):
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/business/yourmoney/30goods.html
>
> I'm trying to remain calm.

I wouldn't be. I'd be doing cartwheels and grinning like a loon.

Congrats!

---- Mike.

Congratulations, Peter!
BTW, I didn't have to register to read the article.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

Wow, how did you manage that?

--
J. Robinson Wheeler Games: http://raddial.com/if/
JRW Digital Media Movie: http://thekroneexperiment.com/

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

Marvelous. Congrats. Advertising genius, certainly. What might IF
become with sufficiently creative advertising?

At the moment, I don't think IF authors feel much hope that IF can make
money, but your success might turn this. Do you suppose the time is
right for a renewed commercial interest in IF?

On the other hand, I think many IF'ers rather enjoy the (perceived)
commercial hopelessness of IF. Some might even think it a godsend, the
evils of cash and all -- and I'm sure you've heard it all. Myself, I
pay my sincere compliments.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

The Prophet Lady Chatterly known to the wise as poster@catcher.in.the.rye, opened the Book of Words, and read unto the people:
>The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Usenet poster
>is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three
>best friends. If they're okay, then it is you.

Pre-emptively trying to prevent cross-posting idiocy: this poster is
coming from alt.usenet.kooks. I can't imagine that newsgroup has
anything constructive to offer this thread, so please reduce
crossposts before replying.

--
D. Jacob (Jake) Wildstrom, Math monkey and freelance thinker

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
-Alfred Renyi

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily endorsed by the
University of California or math department thereof.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

In article <FMYKd.14125$Vj3.7505@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
PTN <peterdeletethisnepstad@gmx.de> wrote:
>Here's the online link (you'll need to register but it is free):
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/business/yourmoney/30goods.html
>
>I'm trying to remain calm.

Search for 1893 on news.google.com, and you can bypass the
registration BS.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

In article <b7ab132.50bb67cb@strzelec.net>,
Lady Chatterly <poster@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote:

>The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Usenet poster
>is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three
>best friends. If they're okay, then it is you.

All three of them are nuts. What are the chances of that?

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

Absurdly large and copious congratulations to you, Peter! :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:46:45 +0000, PTN said to the parser:

> Here's the online link (you'll need to register but it is free):
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/business/yourmoney/30goods.html
>
> I'm trying to remain calm.

Congratulations, Peter!

I'd be interested in hearing if traffic on your website changes this week : )

All we need now is to get them to plug the IF Archive as well.

Michael

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:49:48 -0600, Michael Coyne said to the parser:

> All we need now is to get them to plug the IF Archive as well.

Er, never mind. Apparently, I'm blind.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

"PTN" <peterdeletethisnepstad@gmx.de> escreveu na mensagem
> Here's the online link (you'll need to register but it is free):
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/business/yourmoney/30goods.html
>
> I'm trying to remain calm.
>
> -- Peter
>
> 1893: A World's Fair Mystery
> http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/1893

One more proof that i did the right thing when i purchased my original copy
from your site :)

Thanks for making such a lovely game, and good luck with future projects.

Keep in mind that now the IFCommunity has it's eyes set on you ;)

Regards,
RootShell

TRENDING THREADS