Start Up Problem

Linda

Once we hit our user icon, our desktop does not come up, we are redirection
to the
Windows page (as in c:\Windows). We then need to cancel out of that menu to
access our desktop. How can eliminate that page from coming up????

Hi,

You (likely) have a damaged startup (run key) registry entry. Start/run
msconfig, go to the startup tab and uncheck half the entries. Click apply/ok
and reboot. Does it still happen? If so, then it is one of the remaining
entries - repeat the steps with the remaining half. If not, then it is one
of the ones you disabled. Re-enable half of them and restart, see when it
comes back.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/