• USB Stick
  • USB
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
December 13, 2012 4:31:16 AM

Hello,
I was wondering if these exist:
Let's say we plug a USB stick into this "usb-port-shaped host", which, using bluetooth, sends the signal to a reciever, plugged into a CPU.
I was searching for something like this but I am unsure if it exists or what it is called. I also do not know what category this goes into, sorry!

More about : bluetooth usb port

December 15, 2012 12:43:28 PM

Why would you want the receiver plugged into the CPU? What would you be doing with a device like that? Just curious to know...
m
l
December 17, 2012 7:08:41 AM

The Stealthinator said:
Why would you want the receiver plugged into the CPU? What would you be doing with a device like that? Just curious to know...

Well, for instance lets say we had wireless keyboard to plug into a computer but the cable is too short?
Maybe I didn't phrase it right? Sorry I'm no technical guy
So your computer could be all the way across the room and you laze in bed gaming on a giant tv screen but the keyboard cable is too far, so I would plug the keyboard cable into the 'host', and plug the 'reciever' into the computer.

If this does exist, please tell me where to get one, or if there's another way to bypass this issue without buying a wireless keyboard/headset (I am keeping my current one, its awesome. My mouse is wireless).

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2012 8:43:13 AM

Ok, let's see... first you don't plug it into the CPU. That's the central processing unit of the machine. You'd plug it in a USB port. Second, I'm not sure there is a way to do what you want without getting a wireless keyboard. It would be rather difficult if you currently have a wired keyboard... nope I'm not sure something like that exists. If it does, I haven't heard of something like that.
m
l
December 18, 2012 2:29:53 PM

I had to laugh.
First let me ask, why would you want to go through the trouble to find such a device and not knowing the cost still want to purchase such a device?

Options:
1. Buy a wireless keyboard, you might like it as much as the one you have now.
2. Buy a usb extension cord.
3. Don't use a keyboard in bed.

:-). not sure why i'm still smiling. Hope I could help...
m
l
December 22, 2012 10:32:51 AM

Sorry, I don't know much about computing. I thought a CPU was a computer. I'm no genius.
I was just wondering if it existed. Because wiring it across my room isn't a very good idea.
Any other suggestions?
m
l
December 28, 2012 11:45:45 PM

No, I already have a Razer Lycosa mirror edition keyboard, I don't wanna buy another. Judging by all these answers. A Bluetooth USB hub does not exist?
And also with a headset. Not wireless.
m
l
December 28, 2012 11:45:54 PM

No, I already have a Razer Lycosa mirror edition keyboard, I don't wanna buy another. Judging by all these answers. A Bluetooth USB hub does not exist?
And also with a headset. Not wireless.
m
l
January 20, 2013 7:24:17 AM

You could try googling up "bluetooth usb hub".

You'd get more helpful results there than here.
m
l
August 24, 2014 6:05:24 AM

I too am interested in either a WiFi or BT "USB Cable" so that I may attach my PC with it's built in "High End Audio" to the DAC in my Pre/Pro. I would prefer WiFi as the signal strength is substantially higher and far less prone to interference but I am close enough for BT I believe. Simply put, I want a wireless USB cable. USB host to client, just like a regular cable, but wireless. Seems like something that exists, I'm just having trouble finding it. I've found USB to Serial... which is almost it...
m
l
September 22, 2014 12:40:26 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited-Wireless-Transmi...

Still would be cheaper just to buy a wireless keyboard though... a $200 wireless USB adapter to hook up your $50 wired keyboard seems silly. However, what your looking for does exist, I don't think this will work with a device that doesn't already have it's own power source.
m
l
October 29, 2014 7:52:38 AM

l4tf2a said:
The Stealthinator said:

Well, for instance lets say we had wireless keyboard to plug into a computer but the cable is too short?
Maybe I didn't phrase it right? Sorry I'm no technical guy
So your computer could be all the way across the room and you laze in bed gaming on a giant tv screen but the keyboard cable is too far, so I would plug the keyboard cable into the 'host', and plug the 'reciever' into the computer.

If this does exist, please tell me where to get one, or if there's another way to bypass this issue without buying a wireless keyboard/headset (I am keeping my current one, its awesome. My mouse is wireless).

Thanks

There is an option for that and other applications that need a wireless USB hub.

http://paulstamatiou.com/review-belkin-cable-free-usb-h...

m
l