Slow video ( maybe)

a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2005 12:44:01 AM

My pc is running win xp pro sp2 1 go ram, P4 2.8 Go, but since few days is
running slow, is like the video card is faulty, I have run ad-ware and found
not problems, any test I can do to check the video card?

TIA

--

More about : slow video

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2005 12:44:02 AM

Newport wrote:
> My pc is running win xp pro sp2 1 go ram, P4 2.8 Go, but since few
> days is running slow, is like the video card is faulty, I have run
> ad-ware and found not problems, any test I can do to check the video
> card?

Have you updated the driver from the video card manufacturer? Have you
updated the other hardware drivers from the hardware manufacturers? Checked
for Spyware with more than one application? Scanned for viruses/trojans
with an application other than the one you normally use? Checked your hard
disk drive(s) for errors? Defragmented your hard disk drive(s)?

You could also turn off/unplug and open up the system.. Reseat all the
cables/cards and clean it out physically - to prevent heat from becoming a
problem.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

A more detailed explanation will certainly help to isolate the problem and
give you better advice.
--
Don Kendrick